JR. Computer Network Support Specialist
- Posted: July 12, 2022
Martek Global Services, Inc. (Martek) has been awarded several long-term Federal contracts to provide a wide range of IT talent. Our team is seeking a Junior Computer Network Support Specialist to join our team supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) with High Performance Computing (HPC) Moderation Program and Army Corps of Engineers, Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (DSRC) with the required education and experiences outlined below.
Location: The U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) Vicksburg, MS
Responsibilities & Duties
The Jr. Computer Network Support Specialist will analyze, test, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing network systems, such as local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system. Additional duties include:
- Perform network maintenance to ensure networks operate correctly with minimal interruption.
- setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery to existing HPC systems.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards related to the use of HPC resources. Participates in technical forums; and representing our company in joint meetings with the customer on HPC technical topics.
- Additional duties as assigned
Educational & Experience Requirements
- Candidate must possess a Secret Clearance
- High School Diploma with 4+ years experience; OR associates degree with 2+ years experience in a related field; OR a Bachelors degree (or higher) in a related field with no minimum years' experience.
Martek Global Services, Inc. (Martek) is a Professional Services company headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland and has been a leader in integrated strategic and tactical solutions in real estate, healthcare, facilities, and professional services for the federal government and commercial customers nationwide. From the beginning, Martek has established a solid reputation by seamlessly delivering solutions that have consistently exceeded both our government and commercial customers expectations. These successes have supported over 40 federal agencies/bureaus in over 200 cities in 40 states whose awards and testimonials have recognized our high level of service and dedication to our customers mission and goals. As a company we share the passion and concerns of the communities we support.
For more information, visit www.martekglobal.com.
Martek Global Services Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Martek Global Services Inc.