The Office Business Leader (OBL) will lead, manage, and oversee the Health line of business in the local office. This position will implement strategy to sell and deliver Mercer consulting services to the local marketplace. In addition, they will generate revenue through the acquisition of new clients, retain and expand current client relationships and manage large scale client projects by developing and implementing effective, accurate, and timely employee human resources strategies, work plans and materials.
To fulfill this role, the Office Business Leader will:
- Lead, manage, and oversee the line of business in the local office; implement national business strategy and market business plans; manage local office business financials and contribute to market financials by monitoring revenue growth profitability, capacity utilization, conversion and recovery for the local line of business; work with Pacific Northwest Health Business Leader to implement staffing strategy and lead local recruiting efforts
- Generate revenue through acquisition of new clients, cross selling to current clients and extension of current client engagements to new activities including conducting face to face meetings with potential clients (prospects); understanding all available products within the business and proactively reaching out to provide targeted information on how Mercer offerings will benefit specific client’s needs; drafts and edits materials for meeting preparation and RFP responses
- Manage large-scale project teams to deliver quality results to clients; develop and monitor budgets and deadlines; oversee staff, delegate, and peer review all client work; interact with clients on a regular basis by leading client meetings, answering questions, overseeing edits or changes, and providing requested materials; and clarify and resolve unique and difficult issues related to client deliverables; and apply advanced professional and or technical expertise to client projects
- Work with local PNW Office Leader (OL) and PNW Health Business Leader on strategy and direction of business; participate as an active member of the local office leadership group delivering advice and consultation on line of business related issues and strategy; update PNW Health Business Leader of local office issues and status and escalate issues as needed
- Supervise four or more employees as direct reports with full authority for people management (about 10 staff) including: assigning, directing, and evaluating work; hiring, disciplining and firing employees; conducting performance evaluations and career development discussions; approving salary and bonus actions; ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training
Our ideal candidate will have these core competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 12 years’ experience in a health benefits consulting environment with proven ability to generate revenue by acquiring new clients and experience managing and developing a team of professionals – mid-to-large market experience preferred
- Strong sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market communication strengths successfully
- Excellent organizational, project management and leadership skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.