President- Mechanical Services
Established in 1952, Marsden Services offers comprehensive facility services to clients nationwide. We provide clients with high-quality and professional services including janitorial, security, HVAC, calibration, emergency response, and facility management services. Our hiring philosophy is rooted in the idea that we want our employees to grow and be successful with our organization. We believe in our employees. We invest in our employees. A career at Marsden means a career with a Company that will support your growth.
The President position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the business has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position will be responsible for planning, coordinating and managing all activities related to mechanical and maintenance services, as well as calibration and validation management programs. The successful candidate accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the Company.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and management to all areas of responsibility that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the Company.
- Developing plans to monitor and improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost for the operation.
- Responsible for driving business units to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Maintains a high level of collaboration with peers, members of executive team and corporate departments.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborates with management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivates and leads a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Act as lead "client-care officer" through direct contact with clients and partners.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within all areas of responsibility.
- Represent the company with clients, investors, and business partners.
- Ensures standard operating procedures are fully implemented and maintained in all areas of responsibility.
Skills and Qualifications
- Clearly demonstrates exceptional business acumen, strong analytical, financial, and quantitative and creative problem solving skills.
- Must have experience managing large complex projects and bids.
- Be able to think like an aggregator and provide consolidated solutions for customers.
- Proven ability to create and execute on a strategic vision to drive successful completion of objectives and key results.
- Leadership and guidance of teams and managing all levels. Have a coaching mindset and be a champion of one’s team.
- Clearly and effectively formulate directions for others, effectively conveying expectations and what success looks like.
- Build authentic relationships within the organization, with customers, and with the community.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the organizational values.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire, develop and lead a team.
- Exceptional executive presence, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, with strong ability to make decisions and collaborate across the business.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of operational leadership experience in HVAC, mechanical services, commercial construction or closely related industry required
- 5+ years of experience in a senior management role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management or related field or equivalent education plus experience (required)
- Master’s Degree in Business or related field or equivalent education plus experience (preferred)
Measures of Success
- Meet or exceed net income growth targets
- Meet or exceed client retention goals
- Meet or exceed employee retention goals
- Meet or exceed management development goals
- Meet or exceed safety performance standards
- Maintain a detailed strategic plan for all areas of responsibility
- Commits to behave in compliance with the company’s values and Code of Conduct.
- Builds a culture of work safety and lead by example with one’s own safe behavior.
- Ensures one’s own compliance with the company’s published Operating Standards (professional, sales, Management and Execs only).
- Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with positive intent and professionalism.
- Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do it – champions change when improvements can be made.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb, stoop, kneel or crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Marsden Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, sexual or affectional orientation, marital or veteran status, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, status with regard to public assistance or any characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
A career at Marsden means a career with a Company that will support your growth. Join the Marsden family!
Established in 1952, Marsden Services offers comprehensive facility services to clients nationwide. We provide clients with high-quality and professional services including janitorial, security, HVAC, calibration, emergency response, and facility management services. Our hiring philosophy is rooted in the idea that we want our employees to grow and be successful with our organization. We believe in our employees. We invest in our employees. A career at Marsden means a career that will support your growth.
Marsden ServicesSaint Paul, MN
WebsiteView All Marsden Services Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.