Medical Day Care Center Administrator
MarsCare Philadelphia, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, dental, medical
We are looking for a Medical Day Care Center Administrator.
Frankie’s World Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization that improves the lives of children with medical needs and their families. Named after a special little girl in Philadelphia who touched many lives, Frankie’s World is an exciting place, where kids can be kids! Our unique blend of nursing care, education and socialization sets us apart.
The Day Care Center Administrator promotes the social, physical, and intellectual growth of the children under his/her care and works with the school staff to create an environment of learning while keeping parents informed of the progress of their child.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Must meet PA Department of Health for the administrator position in Pennsylvania PPECCs (Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Centers)
- A medical doctor, or
- A Nurse practitioner, or
- An RN with 5 years’ experience, or
- Someone with a nursing home or adult/senior center Administrator’s license
- Must meet all standards and requirements relating to background checks, fingerprinting, education and experience as set by the state and accreditation agent.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing, in the English language.
- Must meet Company driving standards where applicable.
Full Job Description
- Supervise infant, preschool and school-age nursing staff
- Familiar with the office function of a privately owned childcare facility
- Marketing professional
- Hire and train new staff members
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for staff
- Establish policies and communicate them to staff and parents
- Develop educational programs and set educational standards
- Help staff resolve conflicts between children
- Assist staff in communicating with parents
- Meet with parents and staff to discuss students’ progress
- Establish budgets and set fees for programs
- Ensure facilities are maintained and cleaned according to state regulations
- Ensure that the facility meets its parent organization’s standards and regulations.
- Ensure that programs, staff, and facilities meet state and federal guidelines.
- Business skills. Preschool and childcare center directors need to be able to manage the business effectively.
- Communication skills. Inform parents and colleagues about the progress of the children. They need good writing and speaking skills to convey this information effectively.
- Interpersonal skills. Must be able to develop good relationships with parents, children, and co-workers.
- Leadership skills. Good leadership skills to inspire staff to work diligently. They also must enforce rules and regulations.
- Organizational skills. Directors need to maintain clear records about students and staff. In addition, they must be able to multitask when multiple people or situations require their attention.
- Early Childhood Education or related field, 3 years (Required)
- Preschool Director, 1 year (Required)
- Teaching, 3 years (Required)
Education: Bachelor's Degree or Licensure in the medical field.
MARScare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
MarsCareWhy Work Here?
Marscare is a family orientated company, who not only believes in caring of their clients, but also caring for their employees.
MARSCare, Inc. was incorporated in 1998 and began operations that year. The principal owner is Gerald F. Szucs. It is a home health agency (Medicare approved, JCAHO accredited) that primarily provides pediatric services to a home bound and vulnerable population dependent on ventilators and trachs. Preferred is one of the largest pediatric agencies in Southeast Pennsylvania. Combined with IHP it is among the largest home health agencies in the Philadelphia metropolitan area.
1011 Poplar StreetPhiladelphia, PA