Germantown, MD, US
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's, SNICKERS, TWIX, MILKY WAY, DOVE, PEDIGREE, ROYAL CANIN, WHISKAS, EXTRA, ORBIT, 5, SKITTLES, UNCLE BEN'S, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl, VCA and Pet Partners. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
The eTail Marketing Specialist is responsible for managing etailers and key online marketplaces for the brand, with a specific focus on Amazon. Based on the needs of the business, they will also have exposure and responsibility for other marketing channels.
A successful candidate has a drive for results and the ability to work through ambiguity. The candidate is naturally curious, a strong team player, resourceful, data-driven, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Help drive marketing strategy and grow the brand through effective management of online marketplaces and etail partnerships
- Own Amazon, driving growth in that channel: ensure product pages and store are regularly updated and that keyword bidding and ad campaigns are optimized; create and execute a robust testing plan and report out on results weekly
- Develop etail strategy for the brand, driving growth through new & optimized existing partnerships
- Ensure that brand marketing communications flow through etail partner marketing plans, and that brand updates and new launches are communicated proactively
- Be able to provide best practices by partner, proactively providing recommendations; audit campaigns regularly, ensuring KPIs are on track and optimizing as necessary
- Lead ad hoc projects as required by the business
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge:
- Expertise in Amazon and etail marketing
- Strong experience with Amazon Vendor Central and Seller Central required.
- Experience with Walmart, Target, or other marketplaces strongly preferred.
- Strong consumer focus
- Strong team skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective project management
- Highly organized and able work in a high-pressure environment with multiple projects; able to dovetail high-priority projects
- Action-oriented and self-motivated
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ambiguous start-up environment