Position Document Summary
Position: Material Planner_Raws
Location: Greenville, MS
Reports to: Factory Logistics Manager
- POSITION SUMMARY
Manage all aspects of inbound supply chain for raw materials including forecasting through to availability for production. A service level of 99%+ is required to service the plant, GRV objectives and meet customer requirements. Continual development of processes and procedures to achieve best practice in raw material scheduling and inventory management. Peer to peer coaching and upskilling as well as cross functional information sharing and delivery of activity management projects.
- MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Inbound Raw Material Supply – This includes planning and executing local and imported material supply to support production schedule with minimal disruptions. Manage exposure of the business to meet demand fluctuations by maintaining varying safety stocks based on seasons and trends whilst ensuring optimum inventory levels are being held to manage cash.
- Supplier Relationship Management & Integration – The role involves a high level of working with the suppliers and third-party logistics to ensure on time delivery of material to the warehouses. This includes ordering quantities, delivery days, safety stocks, forecasting and preparation for upcoming changed in pipeline that impacts supply.
- Inventory Management – Maintaining or reducing inventory to agreed levels based on business needs while balancing customer service. This includes periodic reporting and period on period outlook forecast for inventory levels. Recommending changing of planning parameters and tactical management of year end inventory to meet target while not exposing business to risk due to lack of supply.
- Inbound Functional Expert – A high level of SAP knowledge is required for the role covering data maintenance, support product workflows, goods receipt and error correction. Coach, knowledge transfer and develop other team members and create and update SOPs for all key processes.
- Forecasting & Planning - Provide visibility of requirements to suppliers and ensuring systems are reflecting quality forecasts, locking forecasts away for future production requirements. Managing forecast swing with suppliers for early identification and escalation to supply risk to the business.
- Reporting & Metrics – Forecasting 12-month outlook and analysis of data to identify risk for current products as well as data supporting new projects. Provide visibility to broader business and escalation of risks through management review process. Reporting extends to the management of Blocked stock through obtaining business approvals and reporting on blocked stock inventory levels.
- Activity Management – Project participation and accountability for meeting CSFs, ensuring continuity of supply and effectively managing obsoletes to minimum. This also includes out of process manual intervention where required along with escalation of risks to supply and deadlines.
- DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Decide and input changes for material maintenance/master data and safety stock holdings.
- Decide and input manual purchase orders to align with business deadlines and inventory levels.
- Decide on inventory optimization by identifying and initiating approval for write offs
- Decide and input forecast to suppliers.
- Recommend, agree and decide on changes to the production schedule.
- Decide and manually manage inventory levels to meet year end business targets.
- ACCOUNTABILITY DIMENSIONS
- Number of SKUs to manage: ~250
- Inventory value: USD $5 million
- TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Inventory Management
- Analytical Capability
- Project Management
- System Application (SAP)
- Logistics Management
- Finance Essentials
- CORE COMPETENCIES
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- Organizational Agility
- Problem Solving
- QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of supply chain experience, including experience in inventory management or materials planning roles.
- FMCG experience is preferred
- Project management experience
- Planning systems functional knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and managing multiple priorities.
- LEAN philosophy understanding and application preferable
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5TM chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERSTM, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANYTM, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.