Perform and report Food Prep operational activity in order to comply with safety, quality, and productivity targets.
* Operate Food Prep systems in accordance with Royal Canin Operating Procedures in a safe, productive, and efficient manner at all times.
* Perform Food Prep operational activity according to production and planning schedules and requirements.
* Perform required Quality Control checks and analysis on each delivery of materials to be received in accordance to Royal Canin Quality Procedures.
* Perform periodic and routine inventories of raw materials in storage.
* Prepare delivery equipment for receiving of materials.
* Receive and unload raw materials and supplies from delivery equipment.
* Provide and perform material receiving and storage data entry and reporting as required.
* Provide and perform routine maintenance checks on equipment.
* Provide reporting and documentation of Quality, Production, Maintenance, and Sanitation activities in accordance with Royal canin Operating Procedures.
* Assist in other production, sanitation, maintenance, and quality activity in other areas as directed.
* Provide functional communications with other staff members as necessary to optimize quality, efficiency, productivity and safety.
* Perform all duties in compliance with Royal Canin Quality Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Adhere to all Royal Canin safety requirements.
* Perform housekeeping and sanitation procedures in accordance with Royal Canin's Food Safety and sanitation Program.
* Other duties assigned to you.
* Standing on concrete floor
* Wearing proper personal protective equipment.
* Bending, stooping, twisting, standing for extended periods of time periods, reaching, climbing stairs and lifting up to 55 pounds.
* Must be able to adapt to temperature and environment extremes such as hot and cold, dust, dirt and chemicals.
* Vision correctable to 20/20.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION:
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* 18 years of age or older.
* Demonstrated competency in computer and PC software including MS Office and email.
* Willing to work rotating shifts.
* Manufacturing experience.
KEY FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
* High level of mechanical aptitude and knowledge with good skills in troubleshooting and problem solving.
* Forklift capability
* Manufacturing experience
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5TM chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERSTM, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANYTM, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.