The Area Maintenance Technician is the PM systems owner for their area or lines. They are responsible for eliminating maintenance and breakdown related losses. The Area Maintenance Technician is responsible for building capability in Operating Teams/AWT to deliver overall area or line results supporting the CBN. The Area Maintenance Technician are an integral part of the FMOS connection point meetings and oversee the coordination of Planned Stops in the assigned area. Area Maintenance Technician owns the assignment of to execute planned stops, BDE process, including execution of corrective action across all relevant lines. Additionally, the Area Maintenance Technician serve as the spokesman for the maintenance group during all DMS discussions, and should be considered a technical expert in the assigned area, including mechanical, electrical, and controls systems, and a thorough understanding of the process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Own PM systems for the Line, focusing on Maintenance Planning and Scheduling and Breakdown Elimination DMS’s.
• Drives results in Planned and Unplanned Downtime, and owns:
o Area PM compliance and breakdown elimination
o Building functional/technical skills of the AWT
• Is the technical expert of related equipment and discuss, coach, and train technicians and operators on this equipment. Supports the AM pillar / AWT.
• Able to perform all the duties of a senior mechanical/electrical technician at the highest levels of technical proficiency.
• Owns Abnormality Handling DMS
• Makes business decisions based on quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
• Understands overall business operations and coaches others to do the same.
• Participates in the development and owns portions of the Line's 90-Day loss-elimination plans.
• Represents area maintenance at the daily FMOS meetings. Provides performance data for selected machines and communicates action plans and completed work effectively.
• Any other additional responsibilities as assigned.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY, RECOMMENDATIONS AND IMPACT
• Owns the breakdown elimination DMS for the area/line
• Leads process definition to identify Centerline targets and document standards
• Develops control strategies to enable operators to respond to out of control situations
• Analyzes line data to identify and prioritize loss elimination opportunities
• Leads root cause problem solving efforts on key chronic losses for the line/dept
• Coaches teams on Centerline DMS execution and problem solving skills
• Recommends machine improvements to improve line efficiencies
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical Certificate or Equivalent Experience
- Associate or Technical degree
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience operating within a formalized Continuous Improvement Environment (MSE, TPM, Lean Manufacturing).
- Demonstrated experience in leading change and situational leadership.
- Clear ability to relate to and motivate people and effectively train.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP.
- Conflict Management
- Priority Setting
- Developing Direct Reports & Others
- Problem Solving
- Decision Quality
- Creates Collaborative Relationships
- Creativity and Innovation Management
- Frequent lifting / carrying (10-55 lbs.)
- Frequent pushing / pulling *(55-100 lbs) and frequent bending and stooping.
- Frequent handling / gripping (parts, tools, etc.)
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5TM chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERSTM, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANYTM, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.