Job Number 19076802
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
As a member of the Finance BusinessPartner group for Information Technology (FBP iT), the Senior Financial Analystwill provide financial analysis to support initiative and ongoing expensemanagement to the Director, Run, enabling iT leadership to make businessdecisions that drive overall business results and create the most shareholdervalue. She/he will provide analytical support to iT staff, Finance BusinessPartners, HQ and Continent discipline leaders and other key stakeholders on keyvaluation issues for iT projects, programs and initiatives including:evaluation of potential new iT projects; analyzing cost and recovery objectivesas reflected in budgets and long-range plans; providing return on investmentanalysis to assess iT business initiatives.
- Support finance and iT leaders to manage the financialperformance of selected Marriott’s iT portfolio (“assigned portfolio”),including strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting andanalysis and allocation management
- Support iT Run to analyze and manage iT supportexpenses, liaising with the appropriate finance partners over theinfrastructure areas where appropriate and needed
- Support the finance related activities for the development andimplementation of new programs, services and initiatives in iT to includedeveloping low complex to moderately complex activity-based cost models andrecovery analyses and analyses of funding approaches that are in compliancewith management and franchise agreements:
- Assist with the development of business cases and/or develop fully documented, accurate cost and funding models for proposed projects.
- Help determine funding approaches/recommendations compliant with management and franchise agreements. Work with the business and/or other internal groups to provide financial support and analysis of proposed projects. Develop an understanding of business needs and long-term impacts of project decisions to highlight potential risk for management review.
- Assist with recommendations and presentations for Program & Services Agreement Compliance (PSAC) Advisory Committee approval.
- Engage relevant Global Finance groups to operationalize new programs, services and initiatives (e.g., new department set up, development of supplemental budgets, etc.)
- Perform other analyses as required.
- Support return on investment analyses on iT’s initiatives ensuringthe right financial approaches and resources are brought to bear. Analysisfocuses on gathering and synthesizing current state data, understanding andmodeling future state proposals, and developing presentations that compare data,highlight risks and focuses on qualitative and quantitative issues.
- Support the development/enhancement of tools to provide analysesforecasts and budgets. Provide recommendations to optimize performance anddrive profitability.
KeyTalents and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience including complex dataanalysis and financial modeling or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of technicalcorporate finance concepts (NPV, IRR, cost of capital)
- Strong spreadsheet skills, word processing, and presentation softwareskills
- Ability to organize and interpret complex, detailed financial informationand present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior managementdecision-making (both orally and in writing, in memos or presentation format)
- Strong accounting skills, particularly in analyzing financialstatements
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and work both independently andas part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to maintain effectiverelationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment
- Strong desire to work on teams as the junior member is critical
- Exceptionalcommunication skills, creating an environment allowing timely information flowsthroughout the organization
Educationand Professional Certification
- Baccalaureatedegree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required
- Thisposition will be based at MI Corporate Headquarters.
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.