Job Number 19116986
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, 1200 North Ocean Boulevard,, Pompano Beach, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please Apply Online at https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=PM133
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Urgo Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa is looking for a Sales Coordinator to
join our team!
Job Description : The Sales Coordinator will fully
support, from administrative, customer service, and sale lead development
perspectives, the Sales & Event Management team to develop future and
repeat business for the Resort.
- Maintainpositive rapport with clients. Work closely with other departments tocoordinate details, special requests, amenities, site visits, and VIP packages.
- Prepareand send out all direct mail projects
- Maintainand replace office supplies, as needed, including sales collateral.
- Preparesales figures and reports as directed (i.e. STAR data, GRC, expense reports,account production).
- Handleinquiry calls and direct them accordingly.
- Take,modify and cancel guest reservations, noting any special requests.
- Inputand manage group blocks, rooming lists, cutoff dates and projections.
- Workclosely with our Rooms Only groups as a property liaison.
- Handlewalk-in tours as needed.
- Assistwith Group/Event Resumes and group contract template merging when needed.
- Distributepertinent communication items throughout the departments (i.e. Group Resumes,Event Orders, Daily Events, Reader Board signage, menu cards).
- Coordinatethe delivery of requested equipment and food for meeting rooms with otherdepartments.
- Assistthe Sales and Accounting team with group billing.
- AssistDepartment Head's with the booking and coordination of In-House meetings.
- InformDirector of Sales of potential opportunities or challenges with clients andprogress of special projects.
- Participatein local industry events as requested.
- Attenddepartment and staff meetings as needed.
- Responsiblefor knowing hotel emergency procedures.
- Responsiblefor the proper administration of issued keys.
- Desireand ability to perform sales and event-related functions.
- Excellentverbal and written skills.
- Ableto use advanced computer systems (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MARSHA/PMS, CI-TY).
- Goal-orientedand creative personality.
- Abilityto work as a team player with all levels of hotel staff.
- Bereadily available & approachable for all team members.
- Extendprofessionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
- Celebrateand foster decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Bereadily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Accommodateguest special requests.
- Answerguest questions regarding local area facilities and services.
- Takeproactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Extendprofessionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
In addition to
performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to
perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM and
Director of Sales.
- Thehotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Schedulesmust accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked towork shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Carryout all reasonable requests by leadership team.
- Complywith department uniform and appearance standards.
Pompano Beach is a full service resort hotel, managed by Urgo Hotels &
Resorts. As an Urgo employee you will receive discounts at Marriott hotels
worldwide and great benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Life
Insurance & STD, LTD, 401(k), Vacation and PTO!
This company is an equal opportunity employer.