Job Number 20016672
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Hotel Republic San Diego, Autograph Collection, 421 West B Street, San Diego, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: http://www.Click2Apply.net/y73sd658prj757hd
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, HEI Hospitality, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
the Sales Team in the administrative functions required for effective hotel
sales and management.
- Actas Liaison between Sales Manager(s) and clients in Sales Manager's absence.Take booking inquiry information via phone and prepare proper paperwork.
- Usesvarious computer word processing and other software packages to enter data,produce contracts, correspondence, forms, memorandum and other documents.
- Answertelephone and respond to caller inquiries speaking in a clear and pleasantmanner. Exercise decision making skills to direct caller's request. Accuratelyrecord messages for staff and distribute the written messages to the staffmembers in a timely manner.
- Distributedocuments to appropriate persons and locations to ensure prompt processing oftime sensitive information by hotel and supplier staff. Transport documentsweighing up to 10 pounds to offices, mailrooms and other locations throughoutthe hotel building. Retrieve documents from and place documents into proper receptacleslocated up to 6 feet high, such as mailboxes, file cabinets, etc.
- Handleindividual reservations for VIP clients. Ensure that all arrangements,including upgrades, are handled properly, coordinating with other departmentsthrough oral and written instruction.
- Organize,file and retrieve documents in appropriate binders in order to maintainessential records used in the department operation.
- Complywith attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Performany other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotelexperience preferred.
- HighSchool Diploma, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Basicadministrative knowledge such as business letters, formats and telephoneetiquette.
- Abilityto effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom willrequire high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Abilityto access and accurately input information into a computer using MicrosoftOffice Suite.
- Abilityto follow written and verbal instructions.
- Abilityto set-up and maintain filing systems.
- Effectiveverbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication styleto suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating withsupervisors, coworkers, public etc.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.