Job Number 19127395
Job Category Reservations
Location Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa, 1200 North Ocean Boulevard,, Pompano Beach, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply online at : http://www.pompanoresortjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Urgo Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa is
looking for a Reservations Coordinator to join our team.
Efficiently and effectively
coordinate the inhouse reservation sales effort to maximize profit for the
Resort and facilitate rooms control.
Reports To: Front Office Manager & Director of Sales
- Ensure that goals of the Department areachieved in the most efficient manner while not only maintaining, but alsoenhancing the quality of service provided to the customer
- Maintain an effective workingpartnership with Sales, Event Management, and Front Office, eliminatingobstacles to communication that result in smooth reservation processes anddelivery of customer's expectations.
- Extremely positive attitude is required,as well as ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Handle all incoming Reservations Callsfor Resort, ensuring consistent quality and customer service
- Demonstrate a commitment to upsell andpromote resort features during reservations process
- Handles Guest Service issues related toreservations, including guests calling into hotel, and Marriott Guest Services
- Ensures queues are processed daily forthe Resort
- Ensures MARSHA inventory is properlymaintained and manages daily PA process
- Assist the Accounting team when calledupon with the reconciliation of Travel Agent & Group Commissions
- Handle Wholesale reservation entry andreconciliation
- Assist the Sales Team with clientreservations and special requests
- Maintains a professional role inthe Resort and represents the company in a professional manner at alltimes
- Demonstrates selfconfidence, energy andenthusiasm.
- Maintain personal integrity, managestime well, highly visible in areas of responsibility.
- Manage daily faxes and emailcommunications for Resort, with a 2 hour turnaround time on all reservationemails/faxes, during office hours
- Assist in maintaining inventoryconsistency within the multiple systems we currently work within
- Attend all training and meeting, asdirected by the Front Office manager & Director of Sales
- Handle all Group Housingresponsibilities, such as building and maintaining all group blocks inPMS/MARSHA/CITY, input rooming lists as needed, handling incoming reservations,maintain inventory in each system, ensure all data is correct in all systems,and run room lists as requested
- Must be flexible with JobResponsibilities, as Department is evolving at all times, and we may need toupdate and change requirements at any time, as needed
- Desire and ability to perform sales andevent management functions.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to use advanced computer systems(Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Goaloriented and creative personality.
- Working knowledge of inventory/spacemanagement and property management systems.
- Demonstrates proficiency (with assistedtraining) in MARSHA/PMS/CITY
- Strong technical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Works independently without need forsupervision
- Ability to multitask, handling multiplehotels and systems
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Ability to adapt to changes asDepartment evolves with Resort
- Ability to work as a team player withall levels of hotel staff.
- Be readily available & approachablefor all team members.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy toteam members at all times.
- Celebrate and foster decisions thatresult in successes as well as failures.
- Be readily available/ approachable forall guests and clients.
- Accommodate guest special requests.
- Answer guest questions regarding localarea facilities and services.
- Take proactive approaches when dealingwith guest and client concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy toguests and clients at all times.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may berequired to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GMand the Director of Sales:
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands andassociates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normallywork.
- Carry out all reasonable requests byleadership team.
- Comply with department uniform andappearance standards.
- The Marriott Pompano Beach is a full service resort hotel, managed by UrgoHotels & Resorts. As an Urgo employee you will receive discounts atMarriott hotels worldwide and great benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Companypaid Life Insurance & STD, LTD, 401(k), Vacation and PTO!
This company is an equal opportunity employer.