Job Number 19142043
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Seattle, Washington, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Asa member of the Workforce Management COE, the Director of Operations, Planning,and Scheduling partners with Property and Market leaders to consistentlyexecute Marriott’s Operations, Planning and Scheduling optimization vision andstrategy.
Trustedadvisor to the properties and spending a majority of their time with theirproperty counterparts, Directorsrepresent the COE organization at the property-level. Thisposition wil focus on optimizing performance at 15+ Full Service business units,some of them being large and complex due to the number of hotel rooms,departments or labor environment.
Working in-market, Directorsstrategically support and drive the adoption of labor management tools andprocesses through daily interactions with hotel leaders. Equipped withbest-in-class Operations, Planning and Scheduling analytical tools, Directors willhelp property leaders increase their analytical fluency to make data-drivendecisions and optimize hotel labor productivity.
Additionally, Directorswill represent the COE at the Area level, partnering with leadership to align labor management tools with marketstrategies/direction.
Support Hotel Operations, Planning and Scheduling Optimization
- Support in-market hotel adoption and scheduling performance
- Serveas property leadership trusted advisor
- Supportsavings monitoring at the property level and ensure consistent methodology andcalculations of savings
- Communicatewith properties on a weekly basis to monitor performance, understandlocal hotel challenges/market issues and adapt labor management and processesas necessary.
- Identifybest practices and recommend action plans for low performing properties anddepartments
- Support analysis of innovative business process effortsby measuring financial gains against business goals
- Support Continuous Improvement Activities
- Work with property, owner and regional team toensure that innovative business process improvements are identified andevaluated
- Recommend improvement to existing processes and tools,in conjunction with the Bi & Analytics Director
- Participatein Observation/Analysis ofoptimization opportunities to developrecommendations
- Support implementation of optimizationrecommendations
- Support ad hoc activities
- Performad hoc forecasting and schedulingactivities
- Support the adjustment of productivity standardswhen required
- Support collection and analysis of key performanceindicators
- Supportthe monthly long term Resource Planning
- Sharerecommended resource planning scenarios with hotel leaders once a month
- Monitorand report progress on labor mix compared to guidelines
- Supportproperties’ Annual Budget Review
- Provide input to COE leadership on potential sources ofoptimization
- Supports the translation of corporate guidelines intoproperty budgets
- Ensurealignment with expected labor optimization savings
- Testnew productivity standards against expected performance outcomes
- Supporthotel onboarding
- Works with development teams to assist withon-boarding of new property leaders supporting Operations, Planning andScheduling
- Partnerwith the COE Change team to support on-property training
- Supporton-going training
- Identify new training needs
- Workwith COE Change Management team to ensure necessary training is available forhotels leaders on optimization concepts and processes, tools and performance reporting – as well as monitoringprogress
- Collaboratewith Leadership teams to increase adoption and sustainability
- Partnerwith the Area/Market Vice President, Area Director of Operations, Area Directorof Human Resources and Finance Business Partner to drive and sustain continuedperformance improvements
- Partner with market leadership to align labor management toolswith market strategies/direction
- UtilizeAnalytics performance dashboards and reporting to ensure Area meets establishedtargets
- Serveas trusted adviser for Area leadership team
- Adaptability- Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility inadjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how itimpacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizesapproach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincingand engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior;and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making- Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts,identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before makingdecisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making keydecisions.
- Professional Demeanor -Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect fromothers; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignmentwith its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams- Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward thecompletion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration amongteam members.
- Driving for Results- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibilityfor work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of selfand/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively acts and goes beyondwhat is required.
- Planning and Organizing- Gathers information and resourcesrequired to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes andarranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals andensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships- Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence inthe pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships -Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needsand actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Executive Presence –Ability to develop and maintain relationships as well as influce others throughhis/her interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Talent Management -Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthenskills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunitiesto improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understandsand utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generateinnovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specificfunctional area to conduct.
- General HotelOperations-Knowledge of the operating principles and practices of allbrand/hotel-specific functions to support successful operations of the overallproperty (e.g., Engineering/Maintenance, Event Management, Finance andAccounting, Human Resources, Legal/Contracting, Food and Beverage, GuestServices/Front Desk, Sales & Marketing, Security/Loss Prevention,Retail/Gift Shops, Spa, and Recreation/Health Club).
- Detail Orientation-The ability to attend to and verify the accuracy andcompleteness of details in work activities. This includes focusing on the small details of work activities andtaking the necessary time to ensure that all the details of completed work arecorrect and of high quality.
- Owner Service-Skill in anticipating and assessing needs, activelylooking for ways to help, exceeding expectations for service, and evaluatingsatisfaction for owners.
- Core Competencies- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing core work activities.
- Strong Communication Skills- Demonstrates ability tolisten to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken wordsand sentences.
- Strong Writing Skills -Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of theaudience.
- Analytical skills andData-Savviness – Can effectively review, understand and apply knowledge presented in largevolumes of data and perform analytics as appropriate.
- Change Management andTraining – Applies training and communications design and delivery skills forproperty-based audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree requiredor equivalent related experience
- 4-6 years of hotelmanagement experience required (6+ preferred)
- Prior experience inlarge scale business planning, feasibility studies, and/or project managementis also required.
- Ability tostrategically assess and define the needs of the organization to createinnovative solutions and/or customize consistent solutions is critical to thesuccess of this role and the Performance team.
- Experience withMicrosoft Office, specifically, a high level of proficiency with Excel andPowerPoint, as well as decision support tools and multi-dimensional databasesolutions.
- Experience with and astrong inclination for change management initiatives.
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.