Job Number 19104720
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for the administration anddisposition of medical only (MO) workers compensation (WC) claims. Caseload will be exclusively WC claims andresponsibility is limited to non-litigated medical only and disability claimsof limited duration. Claims involving continuous trauma or occupational diseaseare excluded from assignment. Work is generally varied and administrative orproject oriented. Generally complete tasks under direction of Claims UnitManager.
Follow all company and safety and securitypolicies and procedures. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary informationand protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professionallanguage. Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support teamto reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns ofother employees and outside agency personnel.
- Maintainconfidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protectthe privacy and security of customers and co-workers.
- Followcompany and department policies and procedures.
- Researchquestions and problems; refer complex issues to supervisor.
- Protectcompany tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with companypolicies and procedures.
- Addresscustomers' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Activelylisten and respond positively to customers’ questions, concerns, and requestsof others.
- Assistother employees to ensure proper project and program coverage and service.
- Asappropriate, contact injured associates, unit managers or supervisors, and/ormedical providers to confirm causal relationship or injury/condition tocompensable occurrence.
- Answerroutine questions from operations on case status (i.e. RTW status, transitionalduty updates, medical updates).
- Discusswork topics, activities, or problems with co-workers, supervisors, or managersusing proper discretion.
- Answertelephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name,transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission beforeplacing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing thecaller to end the call.
- Speakto customers and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Prepareand review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda,reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensureaccuracy and completeness.
- Talkwith and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Composeroutine correspondence or documents, such as form letters.
- Treatall employees and customers with dignity and respect.
- Developand maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employeesand departments.
- Partnerwith and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve commongoals.
- Activelylisten to and consider the concerns of other employees, respondingappropriately and effectively.
- Handlebetween approximately 150claims on assignment; however, acceptable caseloadsvary based on jurisdiction mix, incoming volumeand administrative requirements.
- Uponsupervisory (or designee’s) written approval, calculate and pay temporarytotal, temporary partial, or permanent partial disability benefits perstatutory requirements.
- Securemedical information and reports, provide for fee schedule or other appropriatebill review, and process for payment in accord with Marriott policies andprocedures.
- Coordinatemedical management aspects of file handling with the Nurse CARE Manager andNurse Review Specialist.
- Preparecase overview(s) for department’s Service Call Program.
- Dependingon case volume, perform other assigned tasks as assigned by unit supervisor,operations manager, or director.
- Maintain targeted closure ratio.
- Enterand locate work-related information using computers and/or other methods.
- Complywith quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Maintaincomputer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports,documents, etc.
- Maintainall files on computer diary for supervisor (or designee’s) review.
- Conductperiodic file reviews for identification of aged cases (open 90 days or more)for inactivity and closure consideration.
- Prepare,review for accuracy and completeness, and file appropriate reports or forms perjurisdiction requirements.
- Transmitinformation or documents using a computer.
- Enterand retrieve information contained in computer databases using standardcomputer technology (e.g., a keyboard and mouse) to update records, files,reservation and answer inquiries from customers.
- Prepareletters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet,database, or presentation software.
- Transmitinformation or documents using mail, scanner, or facsimile machine.
- Operatestandard office equipment other than computers such as telephone, typewriter,scanner, fax, photocopier, calculator, and electronic peripherals.
§ Positive Demeanor
§ Stress Tolerance
§ Team Work
§ Customer Service Orientation
§ Diversity Relations
§ Telephone Etiquette Skills
§ English Language Proficiency
§ Applied Reading
§ Detail Orientation
§ Time Management
§ Planning and Organizing
§ Computer Skills
§ Microsoft Office
College degree preferred
Related Work Experience
At least 2 years of related experience
No supervisory experience is required
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.