Assists the Sales Manager with the operation of the sales gallery, which includes scheduling Sales Executives in order to meet customer flow, reviewing weekly reports and disseminating this information to the sales team, and being available to assist sales executives with closing sales. Helps generate new business and attracts potential owners by reviewing the current book of business and coordinating with the marketing department. As directed by the Sales Manager, provides necessary resources, coaching and training on sales techniques to the sales staff. Works with Sales Manager to resolve conflicts and manage team performance. Helps monitor the guest experience and proactively responds to customer concerns. Assists the Sales Manager with other duties as directed.
Position: Asst Sales Manager - EB Market
Relocation Available: Yes
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or GED; minimum 2 years experience in a similar position
* Proficiency in English (additional language required for certain positions)
* Incumbent is required to maintain an active and in-good standing professional Real Estate License where mandated by law
Successful Candidates Will Be Willing To:
* Begin work early in the morning (e.g., 7:15am)
* Work at night (occasionally)
* Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as required by business needs
* Be reachable during off-hours
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Building Customer Base
* As directed by Sales Manager, work with marketing and management team to develop strategies for increasing qualified traffic for sales presentations.
* Support development of self-generated business by working existing customer base and local community.
* Help Sales Manager evaluate and analyze the book of business for site/sales team to generate more sales, referrals, track escrows, etc.
* Assist Sales Manager in creating and monitoring the process to assign Sales Executives to prospective owners/members.
Managing the Sales Experience
* Close sales as appropriate; be the second face for the customer.
* Aid the Sales Manager in managing the sales floor to ensure guest tour flow is efficient and conducive to sales presentation discussions and purchase deliberations
* Provide information to, and answer questions from, guests regarding specific topics related to vacation ownership, seasonal travel and financing options.
* Review and approve documentation for a sale.
* Close deals with the signing of paperwork and notarizing contracts.
* Handle any overflow from tour waves.
* Support the presentation and ratification of contracts to new owners.
* Greet guests and make initial introductions to front desk and/or Sales Executives.
* As directed by Sales Manager, make sure all necessary materials are provided for sales executives so they can effectively perform their daily activities (e.g., brochures, vacation planners, and computers).
General Business Management
* Encourage and support the establishment of a positive work environment that recognizes both individual and team accomplishments, and provides a safe haven for open and honest communication.
* Assist Sales Manager in managing the Guest Experience and the integrity of the brand name by making sure that all associates represent the company in an ethical, moral and professional manner at all times.
* Conduct and/or participate in regular sales management meetings to review both the week and period performance and make action plans to ensure peak performance.
* Mediate, counsel, and resolve in a timely manner any issues with or between subordinates and with colleagues.
* As directed by Sales Manager, schedule Sales Team to ensure adequate coverage of sales tours based on anticipated guest flow.
* Conduct and/or contribute to material for Daily Huddles/Line Ups.
* As directed by Sales Manager, monitor weekly and period-to-date reports (e.g., volume-per-guest [VPG], Net Sales, Customer Satisfaction, Sales Executives hot lead reports, channel reports, and Profit and Loss reports [P&Ls]), and provide effective motivational messages to sales team based on performance.
* Assist Sales Manager in managing the Daily Sales Executive Tour Rotation to ensure that it is accurate.
* Assist Sales Manager in supervising the daily operational aspects of the Sales Gallery Floor/Sales Center.
* Determine when issue escalation is required.
* Assist Sales Manager in Developing, maintaining and enhancing the 'Culture of Excellence' in all facets of the Sales Gallery/Center operation.
* Interview new candidates for Sales Executive positions.
Providing Services to Others
* Respond to customer questions, complaints, and/or concerns.
* Communicate with customers when escalated issues arise.
* Respond to cancellations with call back to customer.
* Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Contracts to relay important information or issues down to the sales line.
* Assist Sales Manager develop plans to proactively deal with and mitigate common customer problems/complaints.
Managing and Coaching the Sales Force
* At direction of Sales Manager, provide real-time coaching and consultation regarding approach to closing sales (e.g., provision of a specific business case, offering an Encore opportunity).
* Maintain a presence on the sales floor during selling sessions to serve as a resource for Sales Executive on an as needed basis.
* Build team camaraderie and Sales Executive confidence to achieve sales goals.
* At direction of Sales Manager, conduct Performance Reviews with Sales Executives to review sales goals, progress against goals, and actions required to achieve personal and organizational goals.
* Assist Sales Manager in managing the on-boarding of new Sales Executives and ensuring proficiency in the sales process before a Sales Executive is put on the rotation.
* At direction of Sales Manager, conduct one on one coaching meetings with individual Sales Executives to develop proficiency in sales approach, execution of process (i.e., discovery, intent, close), ability to close, cope with and respond to rejection, etc.
* Deliver training to sales workforce.
* Assist Sales Manager in addressing issues related to employee concerns (e.g., work-place conflict, performance issues).
* Prepare Sales Executives with multiple strategies for overcoming a broad range of sales objections.
* At direction of Sales Manager, develop, conduct and supervise regular group training for Sales Executives to refresh on specific aspects of the sales presentation process as well as to develop Sales Executives in other personal/professional areas.
* Help Sales Manager facilitate regular training and feedback sessions with new hires.
* Supervise and monitor sales presentations to ensure effective conformity with standards in terms of content and collateral.
* Accompany Sales Executives on ride-alongs as a means of identifying areas to provide feedback on performance.
* Diagnose issues with under-performing Sales Executives.
* Support the hiring process by participating in recruiting activities.
* Interpret and coach Sales Executives based on results of feedback received through formal (e.g., surveys) and informal (e.g., customer conversations) channels.
* Monitor and provide coaching on Sales Executive customer communication skills (e.g., phone behavior and emailing).
* Understand and abide by state and federal regulation around all sales and/or marketing activity (i.e. Do Not Call Lists, State registrations, Exemptions, etc).
* Perform other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES, BASIC SKILLS, and PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
* Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
* Communication - Conveying information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
* Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing the organization in alignment with its values.
* Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; obtaining and comparing information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
Building and Contributing to Teams
* Driving for Results - Planning and supporting the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
* Planning and Organizing - Gathering information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizing and arranging work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
* Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds o