Senior Software Engineer, Software Engineering - Martech Platform
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
If you're looking to build leading technology that enables the future of global travel while transforming your career - step out of the status quo and join Global Technology at Marriott International.
Reporting to the VP, Software Engineering - Martech, Senior Software Engineer, Software Engineering - Martech Platform serves as the software engineer for Martech and Personalization Platform operating in a shared service model. In this role, you will be working on a cross functional product team focused on delivering innovative Martech solutions powering mobile and web marketing and personalization. You will also be responsible for data modeling, development, adobe AEP implementation, and event driven integration with the Marriott Data Platform. You will be expected to follow standard application development tools, processes, and practices to promote industry leading solutions in the Martech space. This role will work directly with Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, and Information Security teams to ensure best practices.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of application modeling and development experience
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development methodologies, specifically with large-scale initiatives and geographically distributed teams.
- Worked on a of cross-functional, sourced, and matrixed teams
- Demonstrated digital thought leadership commensurate with the scale of Marriott digital properties
- Demonstrated enterprise technology experience in hospitality, travel or retail industry.
- Working understanding of CDP technologies
- Demonstrated experience delivering features and capabilities in Martech and Personalization space.
- 2+ years' experience with Adobe Experience Platform or similar CDP
- Demonstrated Omni-channel personalization implementation
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies:
- Development Adobe (AEP, AAM, Target, Launch, Analytics, Campaign, Exp Edge), AEM, Snowflake
- Demonstrated success delivering medium to large-scale initiatives
- Proven knowledge of SDLC; good understanding of ITIL v4 Framework
- Strong process management, influencing, and problem resolution skills
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledge of business environment, service requirements and hospitality culture
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide and influence appropriate courses of action
- Ability to understand and communicate the lifecycle of technologies and applications and to translate into business strategies for the client organizations
- Graduate/post graduate degree
- Solid understanding of IT financial structures and ability to manage to corporate financial processes and standards - including drivers of process costs1
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical ideas in easy-to-understand business terms
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and leading in a managed service environment
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
- Provides financial input on department or project budgets, capital expenditures or other cost/resource estimates as requested
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the service delivery processes.
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analyses for service delivery processes and projects.
- Facilitates achievement of expected deliverables and obligations of Services Providers
- Validates completeness of requirements prior to Service Provider solutioning
- Ensures all projects follow the defined development and business case processes
- Ensures proper coordination with appropriate IT and vendor relations teams
- Provides consultation for routine and complex systems development
- Ensures early warning to the business stakeholder executives regarding degraded or missed service levels
- Coordinates with Operations and Infrastructure Delivery teams for deployment and production support activities
- Follows all defined technology standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
- Maintains a proper balance between business and operational risk
- Follows the defined project management standards and processes
Service Provider Management
- Validates that Service Providers develop and manage respective aspects of a project plan, including schedules, deliverables, and appropriate metrics.
- Makes short term plans for the team to effectively utilize resources
- Monitors Service Provider outcomes
- Reviews estimates of work effort for client project provided by Service Providers for accuracy
- Facilitates timely resolution of service delivery problems and minimizes the impact to clients
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution- Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
- Developing Others - Supports the development of other's skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Technical Intelligence: Knowledge and ability to define and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
- Development Methodologies:Knowledge of Agile framework and the application tiers within the development space.
- Information Security:Knowledge of the security considerations relevant within the development space, including industry best practices related to information security
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
California Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $93,713.00 to $204,107.00 annually.
Colorado Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $93,713.00 to $185,551.00 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $113,393.00 to $204,107.00annually.
Washington Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $93,713.00 to $204,107.00 annually. In addition to the annual salary, the position will be eligible to receive an annual bonus. Employees will accrue 0.04616 PTO balance for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of y...
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.