Financial Sales Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come join the Marquette Bank Family! Fun work environment, great benefits package, competitive pay, annual bonus, gym subsidy, tuition reimbursement, and the perks never stop!
The Financial Sales Representative is responsible for a portfolio of Bank customers. This position is responsible for managing the customer’s existing relationship as well as determining the needs for additional retail financial products to increase customer profitability. The representative has extensive contact with customers and potential customers requiring listening and probing skills to identify sales opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase relationships with assigned customer portfolio:
- Plan and execute telephone calling program for assigned customer portfolio, to introduce new products and services
- Develop consultative selling relationship through personal contact via telephone, mail and appointments with customers
- Increase profitability of portfolio by increasing deposits, loans, investments and insurance, according to annual goals
- Analyze customer needs and promote appropriate products and services
- Increase customer portfolio:
- Use walk-in branch traffic opportunities to identify customer needs and promote appropriate products
- Identify external opportunities for new customers, including personal and professional contacts
- Promote and sell bank products to other area businesses, at expos, and other community events
- Maintain a comprehensive tickler file including customer information and future sales opportunities
- Process the necessary applications, forms and other required documentation to properly set up accounts and loans within regulatory and Bank guidelines
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and internal controls for which this position is responsible Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge/Abilities/Experience and Training Required:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years financial sales or comparable experience
- Willingness to sell the Bank’s services on a proactive basis
- Strong interpersonal skills including good oral communication, effective listening skills and quality customer service skills
- Ability to successfully complete extensive product and sales training towards customer relationship development
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult and sensitive business situations
- Solid analytical, creative and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent time management skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position
- Employee may need to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Employee is regularly required to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
- Employee may need to constantly position themselves in the office in order to retrieve files from upper and lower drawers.
- Employee in this position frequently communicates with staff and clients and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Employee may need to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Actively complying with all applicable laws and regulations to include the Bank Secrecy Act, the Community Reinvestment Act, and all other deposit, lending, or non-deposit service regulations; adhering to the Bank’s internal policies, procedures, and risk management responsibilities contained in the Employee Handbook, the Employee Code of Conduct, and other applicable policies.
*Sign-on bonus: $250 after 6 weeks of employment; $250 after 3 months of employment; must be actively employed at payout.
*Sign-on bonus: For non-seasonal new hires.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
BusinessView all jobs at Marquette Bank