- Over a month ago
The Financial Advisor is a licensed individual who is responsible for introducing and selling the benefits of investment and insurance products to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets or exceeds sales goals as defined by management.
- Actively contact customers and prospects to promote investment and insurance products offered through the program.
- Assists customers in making choices regarding the appropriate investment and insurance products to meet specific needs and to plan for their financial future.
- Keeps abreast of all compliance regulations to assure that all presentations to clients and all paperwork are processed in compliance with NASD rules.
- Keeps abreast of all IRA and retirement plans to be able to help customers make decisions regarding their retirement plans.
- Continuously communicate with mutual fund, annuity and insurance providers to assure for up to date information on the products offered.
- Continuously contact existing customers to assure that we are meeting their future needs.
- Assist with preparation of investment seminars.
- Conducts regular sales meetings and training sessions to ensure that sales goals and objectives are met.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and internal controls for which this position is responsible.
- Conducts training and continually coaches and reviews investment products with branch employees.
Knowledge/Abilities/Experience and Training required:
- Bachelor Degree or High School Diploma or equivalent plus two (2) years related business experience.
- Minimum two (2) years proven sales experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment.
- Thorough knowledge of investment products.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle rejection and conflicts.
- Willingness to actively telemarket prospects.
- Banking experience preferred.
- Required Licenses: Current Life License, NASD Series 6 or 7, Variable Annuity License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position.
- Employee may need to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Employee is regularly required to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
- Employee may need to constantly position themselves in the office in order to retrieve files from upper and lower drawers.
- Employee in this position frequently communicates with staff and clients and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Employee may need to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Employee specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Actively complying with all applicable laws and regulations to include the Bank Secrecy Act, the Community Reinvestment Act, and all other deposit, lending, or non-deposit service regulations; adhering to the Bank’s internal policies, procedures, and risk management responsibilities contained in the Human Resources Policy and Procedures Manual as well as the Employee Handbook, the Employee Code of Conduct, and other applicable policies.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
AddressOrland Park, IL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Marquette Bank
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?