Global leader in Aerospace composites manufacturing has immediate need for Production Supervisors (3). Will be responsible for the direct supervision of employee performance and behaviors on a day to day basis and providing employees with the resources to accomplish their work accurately and safely. Willingness and ability to work any assigned shift or work area is required of all Production Supervisors as our manufacturing environment is dynamic with shifting workloads and customer demand.
· Responsible for providing assigned Production Associates with the resources to accomplished their work accurately and safely.
o Ensures work area is equipped with proper personal protective equipment, tools, machines and supplies.
o Ensures work instructions, production schedules and other information is readily available for the employees.
o Ensures company practices and policies are available, understood and adhered to.
· Directly supervises employee performance/behavior and is co-located to facilitate assessment, feedback and performance management.
· Ensures safety and environmental compliance to practices and policies.
· Assigns and communicates work schedules to meet production schedules and targets.
· Responsible for productivity and quality management to the extent that it falls within department control.
· Recommends equipment upgrades, staffing adjustments and process modifications.
· Works with support departments (HR, Safety, Quality, Production Scheduling, Engineering, Maintenance and others) to deliver a quality and timely product.
· Escalates issues to Production Managers and others as required.
· Personally models and demonstrates our values at all times.
· Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
· Understands and lives by our ethics and business conduct policies.
· Ability to Read, Speak, Write in English to ensure instruction and training can be communicated to assigned workforce ensuring safety, Quality and Efficient completion of tasks.
· Math skills sufficient for accomplishing all reports, charts and calculations.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and teach others in technical manufacturing work instructions, safety, quality and company practices and policies.
· PC Proficient in email, reading/writing reports and basic data entry, Word and Excel usage. Ability to be trained in usage of manufacturing applications.
· Willingness and ability to work any assigned shift or work area.
· Ability to successfully complete internal Esterline Leadership training requirements.
Demonstrated ability in the competencies for a front line leader:
· Approachability - Easy to talk to, able to put others at ease.
· Directing Others - Sets direction, distributes work, lays out clear plans, is organized.
· Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to others and can build rapport across the organization
· Motivating Others - Empowers others, creates a climate in which people want to do their best, shares ownership and visibility.
· Sizing Up People - Good judge of talent; sees the importance of effectively using each person’s strengths.
· Organizing - Able to orchestrate effective use of all available resources.
· Planning - Ability to develop schedules and task/people assignments.
· Priority Setting - Able to quickly zero in on the critical few leaving the trivial many.
· Building Effective teams - Knows when and how to use teams and uses them effectively.
· Managerial Courage - Takes appropriate action when necessary; faces up to problem people or situations.
· Fairness to Direct Reports - Treats employees as adults and maintains equitable relationships
· Drive for Results - Reliable performer who can be counted on to achieve consistent results.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
· High School Degree or equivalent strongly preferred
· Demonstrated commitment to lifetime learning through reading, continuing education and/or acceptance of new assignments.
· Minimum of three years successful employment as an individual contributor with a preference for manufacturing experience.