Sr. Manufacturing/Assembly Technician, Capital Equipment (direct hire)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Manufacturing Technician
The Senior Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for constructing, testing, troubleshooting, packing and field support of automated hardware/systems including robots, positioners, control cabinets, standard systems, and complex custom systems.
Interface with customers and other departments within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Adhere to the highest practicable safety and housekeeping standards.
· Organize and plan large project tasks and workflow, using verbal and written communication.
· Liaise directly with representatives of materials and engineering departments as required to meet customer expectations.
· Responsible for manufacturing quality, including workmanship, system functionality, and complete and proper packing. Provide corrective action feedback to responsible parties.
· Ability to understand overall system design, function and operation.
· Effectively plan and implement the layout of system electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic components.
· Perform system assembly, functionality checks, packing and field installations.
· Perform basic, intermediate, and advanced systems functions, including software upgrades, TCP, Robot Calibration, weld test, systems test, etc.
· Evaluate for fitness of use, system components, including our standard components, vendor components, and special order parts.
· Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair automation systems including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment and robot software versions. Utilize equipment such as analyzers and meters.
· Utilize PLC, ladder logic and other test and evaluation systems for system operation, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance.
· Interface with and assist customers with system runoff and installation.
· Assist co-workers and temporary employees with on the job training. Occasionally assist with development and presentation of training.
· Coordinate packing requirements with shipping department.
· Responsible for usage and disposition of material used in production.
· Responsible for care and usage of department tools and equipment.
· Assist in the preparation of worksheets, final system checkout sheets, and our manuals, ISO documents and requirements for updating checkout sheets.
· Assist in the advancement of Quality Assurance and Kaizen programs. Recommend and assist in the implementation of safety, quality, productivity, customer and employee satisfaction improvements.
· Complete Manufacturing Technician Training Program including all applicable safety training in order to ensure product quality, productivity and timely project completion.
· May be required to travel to customer facilities to assist with install and start-up systems and equipment.
· Influence team building and training.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Associates Degree and two to three years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Must be able to read and understand mechanical, electrical/electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
· Must be able to apply these technical skills in an effective manner.
· Must possess demonstrated interpersonal skills and team building skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Employee may be required to assist in the development and build of prototype assemblies, to provide a level of technical expertise in identification, correction and repair of non-conforming materials. Documentation and notification of such discrepancies required per standard operational procedures.
Marquee Staffing - WFS