Quality Manager, Aerospace/Defense
North Orange County
The Quality Assurance Manager will establish, administer and maintain a quality system which adheres to AS9100D, customer and regulatory requirements. Perform and coordinate periodic reviews of the quality system and recommend improvements and corrections as necessary. Responsible for customer communication and follow-up on Quality related issues. Ensure throughput of inspections and shipments daily. Position will work with Design & Manufacturing Engineering during development to advise on design-in quality issues and to provide input for quality planning.
- Prepares reports for Management about effectiveness of Quality Management System and recommendations for improving it.
- Responsible for the mentoring, training, motivation and discipline of assigned employees.
- Participates in the Quality strategic planning.
- Develops long-term plans and ensures appropriate skillsets are available and ready when needed.
- Focuses on processes to enable continuous improvement across multiple units; ensures effective horizontal and vertical communications to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Develops, assists in the evaluation, and implements changes in work operations and processes to improve compliance with company policies and the quality management system.
- Leads initiatives designed to improve the organization's quality baseline and to reduce or eliminate non-value producing functions, processes, and procedures.
- Coaches and champions teams, leads multi-discipline and/or cross-functional teams. Advises management on trends, customer returns, internal audit results and internal corrective actions.
- Works with Design & Manufacturing Engineering during development to advise on design-in quality issues and to provide input for quality planning.
- Works with the Purchasing Department on vendor selection, development and control to achieve specified quality of received materials and products.
- Works with all Customers to ensure satisfaction with Quality & Delivery
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of Quality Management experience.
- Ability and comfort with accurately speaking, reading and writing in English.
- Demonstrated planning and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated team leader with the ability to lead and sustain improvement activities.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software program.
- Ability to be trained in usage of manufacturing applications.
- Must have previous AS9100D Internal Audit Experience.
- Familiar knowledge of basic lean manufacturing methodologies including: workplace organization, just in time principles, visual management and value stream mapping.
- Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to travel on an ‘as needed’ basis when business demands or customers require so.
- Must be able to maintain composure while under intense pressure and deadlines.
- Must be able to operate and maintain a given budget.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent responsiveness and customer focus.
- Strong motivational and team development skills.
- Must be able to manage and facilitate customer onsite source inspectors (when applicable).
- Demonstrated success in employee relations and leadership.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 -7 years of Quality Management experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience in the with elastomers or plastics industry preferred.
- Previous experience building a strong and positive team environment.
- Previous experience managing and achieving budgetary requirements within a department.
- Previous experience recommending and initiating corrective actions.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- ASQ certifications for one or more disciplines
Marquee Staffing - WFS
Why Work Here?
Great work environment with fun, friendly team members. Excellent benefits, and opportunity to grow with the company!!