Supplier Quality Engineer
Marquee Staffing - OS Carlsbad, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for all aspects of supplier quality management. . Responsible for the qualification of suppliers, for ongoing monitoring of suppliers, for supplier development activities, for all supplier corrective action activities, including updating supplier corrective action database, , following up and closing corrective actions and assisting in the maintenance of the supplier files. Responsible for conducting supplier qualification and surveillance audits and completing reports and following up on any related activities
This job reports to: Manager, Supplier Quality Engineering. Reporting directly (or indirectly) to this position are the following job titles: Not Applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform various types of audits (quality system, process and product audits)
- Ability to perform reviews with suppliers to determine manufacturability of components.
- Create supplier performance metrics and report on performance to suppliers and management.
- Work as liaison between suppliers and Masimo to ensure highest level of product quality and supplier performance.
- Disposition nonconforming materials and initiate follow up activities to ensure proper corrective action and preclude recurrence of rejections.
- Work with various engineering disciplines to resolve issues related to supplier quality.
- Work with incoming inspection to ensure proper part surveillance.
- Review and approve first articles on custom fabricated components.
- Ensure alignment of supplier quality metrics with business objectives.
- Skills required:
- Strong problem solving ability
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong Communication skills and Documentation skills
- Project Management
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work with minimal guidance from direct supervisor.
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
· Three to five years of experience in supplier management, preferably in the medical device industry (note: Supplier management experience in a highly controlled or regulated industry may be considered);
Auditing experience and training (ASQ-Certified Quality Auditor and or Lead Auditor Training for ISO
Familiarity with Quality Standards (ISO 13485, ISO 9001, FDA QSR, etc.)
Ability to travel (domestic & international) up to 25% of the time;
Strong problem solving ability;
Strong Analytical Skills;
Strong Communication skills;
Excellent Documentation skills;
Flexibility and adaptability;
Ability to work with minimal guidance from direct supervisor;
· ASQ-Certified Quality Engineer
· Bachelor of Science degree, preferably