Irvine based Medical Device company as an immediate opening for Calibration & Maintenance Coordinator. This role would NOT perform calibrations.
Long term Temp position 6-8 months
Pay up to $20-$23ph BOE
The Coordinator, Calibration & Maintenance is responsible for control of monitoring, measuring, inspection, and test equipment, to ensure that equipment is suitable for its intended purpose and is capable of producing valid results, while assures that the requirements for calibrating, inspecting, and maintaining equipment are fully satisfied.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensure maintenance and calibration are performed on time as required per calibration and maintenance procedures, and that the schedules are met;
· Notify responsible personnel/user of upcoming calibration and maintenance due dates;
· Contact calibration and maintenance service providers and initiate purchase orders for the service;
· Ship equipment to service providers for calibration or maintenance;
· Once received back from service providers, verify calibration report is acceptable and document the information;
· Initiate Non-Conforming Material Report if equipment is found to be out of tolerance during calibration or any time during use;
· Make arrangements to deliver the calibrated equipment back to responsible personnel/user;
· Create calibration and maintenance reports on a regular cadence;
· Track and trend calibration and maintenance data;
· Review change orders related to calibration and maintenance;
· Support verification/validation activities for new equipment or based on need;
· Support internal and external audits and inspections;
· Report unsafe conditions;
· Support projects or activities as required by the company;
· Perform other duties or special projects as assigned by management.
· Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills;
· Excellent Oral and written communication skills;
· Proficient with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word);
· Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices
· Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
· Previous experience with metrology
· Ability to understand and interpret tolerances
Proficiency with Microsoft Access or other database software;
Knowledge of FDA and ISO requirements pertaining to calibrations and maintenance, and control and monitoring of Measuring Devices
High school diploma or GED and some college coursework is required. Bachelor’s degree in Arts or Sciences is preferred.