The Senior Technician – Production Test is responsible for supporting system production in execution of system level in-process and acceptance testing, as well as qualification and validation of equipment and processes used on the AcQMap System. Additional responsibilities include maintenance and improvement of production test labs and process improvements.
Following are the major results needed for the role. Additional responsibilities, tasks and duties will be assigned and required as needed.
- Performs and assists in testing and evaluation of released product as well as new product introductions.
- Builds, Qualifies, Maintains, and Updates test fixtures.
- Troubleshoots and debugs systems under test and perform tests on completed systems and internally developed test equipment.
- Procures material and equipment as required.
- Generates and maintains proper documentation in the quality management system as needed.
- Works under limited guidance and generally no instructions are needed for routine work, only for special assignments. Is a collaborative team player and demonstrates open-mindedness and flexibility. Generates innovative and creative solutions to work through obstacles. Maintains a high degree of quality in all work performed.
- Responds positively to direction from leadership and guidance received on work assignments.
- Responsible for compliance with quality system procedures and all regulatory requirements.
- Consistently promote collaboration, positivity, accountability and resourcefulness.
- Must demonstrate mutual respect, ongoing communication and a positive outlook with both internal team members and customers.
Experience, Education and Skills Required
Below are the minimum skills, formal education, certifications or training, and practical experience required to perform the general functions and duties of the role.
- Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of related technical experience; technical training, degree and/or certification(s); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge and experience using electronic CAD and/or schematic capture tools.
- Experience with MatLab and data acquisition software strongly desired.
- Must be able to write-up and execute test procedures, work instructions and test reports.
- Experience working within an ISO or FDA-type design control environment.
- Experience and comfortable communicating and collaborating with staff at all levels.
- With guidance, works on assignments requiring some judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and uses experience to problem solve and achieve results. Thoroughness and consistent reliability of work output is essential.
- Must be able to understand job duties and responsibilities, have the necessary skills/knowledge and be willing and able to continue learning and growing within the field.
- Must be skilled at managing a significant workload and obtaining positive results, taking on additional responsibility and managing priorities as needed.
- Must be accurate, detailed, committed to high quality standards and pro-active in finding solutions to achieve successful outcomes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce accurate, punctual reports/information, as required and thoroughly share information with others. Must be able to read, write and speak effectively.
- Exceptional listening skills with the ability to seek constructive feedback, build relationships, promote teamwork and remain flexible and open-minded. Able to quickly adapt to change.
- Capable of following realistic plans, goal setting, resource management, contingency planning, coordinating and cooperating with others.
- Capable of working thoughtfully under pressure and in a timely manner.