Marous Brothers Construction Willoughby, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Marous Brothers Construction (MBC), located in Willoughby, Ohio, is seeking self-motivated Project Estimators for our Design/Build and Construction Management Groups. This position is not necessarily posted for immediate fill. MBC is recognized as one of the leading construction firms in the Midwest, offering integrated services for complete construction solutions. Learn more about MBC by visiting http://www.marousbrothers.com.
POSITION GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Project Estimator organizes estimating activities of the specific projects as they relate to estimating and preconstruction activities. Project Estimators are responsible to develop and nurture relationships with subcontractors, vendors and clients. Project Estimators are ultimately responsible for compiling the complete estimate for specific projects assigned under the supervision of the Chief Estimator.
POSITION CHARACTERISTICS: An energetic, forward thinking, creative individual with high ethical standards, appropriate professional image, sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong management focus. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and retains good communication skills. This position requires a versatile individual who is results-oriented, able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment, well-organized and self-directed. A good educator who is trustworthy, willing to share information, serve as a mentor and who is a team player.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and analyze drawings, specifications, proposals and other documents.
- Prioritize and organize deadlines for bids.
- Determine and develop project general conditions.
- Determine vendors and subcontractors for a project.
- Set-up and attend pre-bid walk-throughs.
- Identify all bid items.
- Develop invitation to bid.
- Complete bid form.
- Determine the appropriate bid divisions.
- Obtain and distribute project bid documents.
- Contact and communicate with vendors and subcontractors.
- Prepare quantity take-off.
- Prepare preconstruction schedule.
- Prepare project specific Bid Breakdown.
- Prepare project specific Bid Book.
- Review plans and specifications and request any additional information.
- Follow up with subcontractors, vendors and material suppliers to ensure bid coverage.
- Review and qualify submitted proposals.
- Prepare detailed summaries of work.
- Assemble the proposal documents.
- Review complete bid breakdown and proposal with the Chief Estimator.
Project Award and Hand-Off
- Update and finalize Bid Book.
- Perform Contract Review.
- Prepare summaries of work.
- Perform Estimator to Project Manager Handoff meeting.
- Provide assistance to the project manager though-out the project duration.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge Required: Thorough knowledge of the construction industry with familiarity of building codes, laws and regulations. Understanding financial practices and accounting policies. Understanding computer related programs.
Experience Required: At least three (3) years of estimating both competitive bid projects as well as conceptual budgeting for projects within the construction industry.
Skills/Abilities: Shows the ability to have strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills with the ability to coordinate, manage, and direct others.
Marous Brothers Construction is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. MBC is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Marous Brothers Construction
TechnologyView all jobs at Marous Brothers Construction