Maintenance Technician-Arcadia, Florida
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $22 Hourly
We are looking to hire maintenance technicians for our new manufacturing plant, Arcadia Building Components, located in Arcadia, FL and set to open November 2022. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for keeping our manufacturing plant operating and repairing any problems with our equipment when they are discovered before they have a chance to worsen. This position is required to perform a wide range of repair tasks around the plant such as installation of machinery, fixing machinery, plumbing, heating and wiring, inspecting buildings to confirm safety standards and scheduling major repairs.
Training will be conducted at Maronda Integrated Production Systems (MIPS) in Sanford, Florida for up to 2 months, travel expenses will be reimbursed to attend daily training on site.
- Reports to 1st shift maintenance manager
- Machinery repair, preventative maintenance, root cause analysis and reoccurrence prevention
- Can safely, effectively and efficiently troubleshooting plant machinery and building systems
- Complete and follow through with preventative maintenance programs
- Follows all safety programs and participates in the improvement of safety programs through safety committee participation, training and becoming a trainer
- Helps to improve processes and machinery through fully understanding breakdowns and causes of downtime and suggest/ implements improvement ideas that are designed to eliminate/ reduce downtime
- Ensures work area is clean and safe at all times, organized through housekeeping/ 5S procedures.
- Recommend measures to improve safety, production, quality control, reduce costs
- Analyze and resolve work problems
- Maintains time and production records
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Advanced knowledge in maintenance skills
- Understands electricity, pneumatics, hydraulics, basic plumbing and mechanical systems
- Understands multimeter, amp probe, megameter usage for measuring electricity, continuity, insulation resistance etc.
- Willingness to learn and train others as needed
- Positive attitude
- Has good communications skills verbally and written
Work Environment: Housing component manufacturing facility, may be exposed to outdoor elements, saw dust, noise, machinery
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time. Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 80 lbs. It requires close vision, color vision and depth perception. Must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, talk and hear.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school education diploma and/or higher level training with certifications in the maintenance trades
- At least 2 years’ experience in skilled trades related environment/ training
- Competent in Microsoft office (word and excel)
We offer a comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, Long-term disability, Short term Disability, Supplemental coverages: Hospital Care, Critical Illness, our tax-deferred 401 (K) savings plan.
- Paid Time Off, PTO, roll over up to 40 hours each year
- 8 Company paid holidays/year
- Competitive base salary
- The opportunity to incentive compensation(bonus/commission) for eligible positions
- We are committed to your professional development, so we support active participation in career related professional organizations
Maronda Homes of FL-Arcadia Building Component LLC.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?