Marley Neck Health & Rehab Center is currently seeking the right individual for the position of Activities Director to manage our activities team! If you are a highly energetic, creative thinker with strong leadership skills, we invite you to join our team and help bring enjoyment to the lives of our residents!
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field or have completed the 90 hour course for activities professionals and continuing education. Prior management experience is required. This position may require driving, so an active driver's license with a good driving record is required.
Job duties may include:
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and evaluate all diversified resident-centered activities as needed
- Involve residents in planning individualized activities programs, oversee residents' participation, and advocate for residents regarding their needs, preferences, interests, and rights
- Participate in meetings including resident council meetings, family council meetings, department head meetings, and other committee meetings as required
- Maintain records and reports related to activities
- May participate in fundraising events
- Promote positive relationships with individuals, businesses, and organizations in the community through outings and activities provided by volunteers
- Identify need for and perform disciplinary action as required
We have a great knowledgeable staff, and we are looking for someone that wants to be a part of an experienced, caring team. This is a full time, salaried position which will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental and vision coverage, from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Must be knowledgeable of activity practices, standards of practice, state practice acts and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Prior management, supervisory, or leadership experience, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Bachelor's degree in therapeutic recreation (preferred) or related field or 90-hr. course for activity professionals and continuing education.
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with team members, other staff, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and conduct a variety of activities.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing activity practices.
- May be required to possess an active state driver's license.
- May be required to possess a CDL license to drive a vehicle seating 16 passengers or more.