Transit Contract - Armed Security Officers Position
All Armed Security Officers employed under this contract are required to meet certain minimum requirements regarding background and experience as established in this section.
MINIMUM ARMED SECURITY OFFICER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have at least two (2) calendar years of full-time experience as an Armed Security Officer.
- Must have a current PILB armed work card.
- Must have a valid Nevada Driver’s license (candidates must provide a copy of the driver license transcript) .
- Be 21 years old or older.
- Be a citizen of the United States or lawfully entitled to work in the United States
- Be of good moral character and temperate habits
- Have not been convicted | arrested of: A felony, or any crime involving moral turpitude or the illegal use or possession of a dangerous weapon
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and assessment skills (speak, read, and write English,(bilingual would be a plus)
- Must successfully complete all contract pre-assignment and on the job training plus, additional educational training courses which may include but is not limited to, FEMA Emergency Management, OSHA safety, and standard, Child safety, Amber Alerts, Community Safehouse programs Transit watch and
- Workplace Violence prevention and awareness, human trafficking, citizen’s arrest, or any additional of the future course of learning which benefits the contracts needs or requirements
- Pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening in accordance with part 49 CFR Federal laws and regulations
- Pass random drug and alcohol testing throughout the course of your employment in accordance with part 49 CFR Federal laws and regulations.
- Pass the physical fitness test | medical screening.
- Would be a plus if you have prior Federal, State or Local Law Enforcement or Corrections Officer, graduate of any Federal, State or Local Government Law Enforcement or Corrections Academy, prior service with a Military law enforcement unit and be a graduate of a Military Law Enforcement Academy, had 10 years active duty, Military experience rank of E4 or above with an Honorable Discharge, former member of any Elite military special forces unit (Navy SEALS, Army Green Beret, Marine Recon, or other select Special Forces units to include combat arms), with 4 years active duty, and an Honorable Discharge.
MSC, NV LIC #1791B
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco-Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour