Markley Group Boston, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Markley Group is seeking a Sales Representative to increase sales in our data center colocation, cloud and networking markets. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for identifying new opportunities and driving net new revenue (90%) as well as maintaining and expanding relationships with existing customers (10%). The candidate will also monitor industry trends to identify emerging markets and develop plans to grow market share. This position IS NOT a work from home position. The Sales Representative will work out of the One Summer Street, Boston, MA office. This position reports to the VP of Sales.
- Cultivate and build executive relationships with key decision makers at targeted prospects and current customers; create long-term interdependent relationships.
- Prospecting via email, phone calls, LinkedIn, Customer referrals etc. to win Net New Logos
- Engage the C-suite level customers. Quickly gain credibility through all levels of the customer organization by listening to customers’ needs and providing effective solutions.
- Analyze and understand customer initiatives, future project plans, expansion activities, and competitive offerings to develop solutions that meet customer challenges and create new business opportunities.
- Prioritize large deal opportunities, determine quality and alignment with business strategy and strengths, create and drive successful “Pull-Through” plans.
- Work with sales leadership to launch programs to drive sales while tracking and reporting on progress.
- Understand and articulate compelling value propositions around Markley’s data center colocation, cloud and networking services to accelerate customer adoption.
- Exhibit a consultative and value-driven approach to client relationships
- Demonstrate behaviors that foster internal teamwork and supports a culture that encourages information to be shared and the knowledge within the company to be maximized.
- Demonstrate initiative, perseverance, and a sense of urgency across internal and external customer teams.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering, or related fields preferred.
- 5+ years Information Technology industry experience preferably in the areas of sales, business development, or cloud product management.
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing (IaaS, STaaS, BUaaS, DRaaS), data center colocation network architecture, and enterprise IT.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives.
- Experience in negotiating large enterprise agreements, coordinating closely with legal counsel and company executives.
- Independent contributor with little need for supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, identify and close new business
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent skills with Salesforce.com, HubSpot, ZoomInfo, DiscoverOrg.com, analytical tools (Excel or others), and PowerPoint.
Markley Group is New England’s largest and longest operating multi-tenant, mission-critical telecommunications, and data center facility. The company’s flagship facility, located at One Summer Street in Boston, boasts 920,000 square feet of highly secured white and mechanical space, and houses companies from across the globe, including all major telecommunications companies and industry-leading financial, healthcare, academic, government, entertainment, science, and technology firms. Markley Group also owns and operates a 352,000-square foot mission-critical data center facility in Lowell, Mass.
The carrier-neutral facility at One Summer Street enables access to more than 80 independent network providers and 12 utility feeds from multiple substations for uninterrupted, reliable power and service, making it the intersection of all major fiber routes in New England. Featuring eight points of entry for fiber optics, One Summer Street is the centralized location to which all backbone networks can be delivered with unmatched performance, low latency and low costs. In addition to delivering the most robust data center infrastructure in the region, Markley Group also operates a multi-site elastic cloud that allows clients to scale resources by paying only for what they use and has partnered with EMC to be one of the first cloud providers to offer Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) for object storage.
Markley Group’s One Summer Street also houses the Boston Internet Exchange (BOSIX) which allows clients the ability to choose and connect to multiple and diverse networks and is the ultimate hub for creating and developing IP peering partner relationships.
BusinessView all jobs at Markley Group