Director of Finance & Accounting
- $190,000 to $220,000 Yearly
The Director of Finance and Accounting is a highly skilled finance leader that has a broad experience in Accounting, FP&A and Business Unit Controlling. The desired candidate will have a proven track record as a team leader & business partner and is responsible for all Accounting and Finance-related topics including but not limited to successful P&L Balance Sheet and Cash management. Further, they will be a potential successor for the CFO and as such, is highly collaborative, but at the same time has an impeccable track record as it relates to integrity and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing all of Accounting & FP&A functions, including but not limited to:
- FP&A – Business Partner to Sales & Mktg and Operations
- General Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll Administration
- Ensuring compliance with US GAAP accounting standards, as well as federal, state, and local legal requirements, responsible for all regulatory reporting, as well as tax planning and compliance
- Operational accounting support and analysis for management review; deriving financial insights to help direct corporate initiatives.
- Responsible for internal and external financial planning and reporting including the development of an annual operating plan, rolling forecasts, development of spend and capex budgets, as well as cash flow projections and all relevant analytics (e.g. related to P&L,balance sheet, Cash Flow, Gross Margin, Inventory, etc.)
- Instructing, Guiding and Supporting the business functions on all necessary financial planning, -- analytics and performance management
- Drive cost transparency on all levels to support financial evaluations, cost comparisons and decision making.
- Banking relationship management for optimal cash management, including the support for all financing needs.
- Work directly with the external auditors to coordinate all relevant projects and topics.
- Coaching and management of the Finance and Accounting team
- Owns the IT Road Map for Finance at Marki
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance and/or Accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 10+ years' experience as corporate controller and/or in a senior FP&A role as a team leader.
- Experience in managing financial processes, Finance software & applications, developing standards, audit management and execution, accounting and corporate finance, tracking budget expenses, financial data management and analysis, financial performance management
- Strong ERP/financial systems use experience; familiarity with Sage 100 is a plus
- Computer systems competency is a requirement (reporting tools, MS Office, etc.)
- Core traits: innovative, quality and service driven, pragmatic and hands on, detail oriented while maintaining and conveying clear overarching understanding of “the bigger picture” – business acumen, proven strong and well-received leader, strategic problem solver
- Business Acumen: Awareness and knowledge of and insight into the organization’s vision, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, values, and code of ethics; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations. Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company’s business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Change: Knowledge of and ability to align the organization’s people and culture with changes in business strategy, organizational structure, technology and business processes.
- Communication: Successful communication involves five components. Verbal communication refers to your ability to speak clearly and concisely. Nonverbal communication includes the capacity to project positive body language and facial expressions. Written communication refers to your skillfulness in composing text messages, reports, and other types of documents. Visual communication involves your ability to relay information using pictures and other visual aids. Active listening should also be considered a key communication soft skill because it helps you listen to and actually hear what others say. You need to be able to listen to understand how to best communicate with someone.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands business issues and opportunities and translates or aligns them to a vision, strategy and plans to chart a course of action.
- Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve common goals. Build strong, positive working relationships with supervisor and team members/coworkers. Exercise the ability to compromise and be adaptable.
- Problem-Solving / Critical Thinking: Ability to balance the needs of different people in a solution to a problem. Able to meet the needs of different constituents in the solution of a problem. Able to solve problems with multiple criteria that need to be met. Identifies and assesses all potential responses to a problem.
- Integrity / Work Ethic: Deal with Conflict Properly. Report Unethical Behavior. Be upfront about your short comings. Be willing to do hard work. Take accountability for your actions. Be a team player. Respect others. Don’t abuse your power. Keep morale up.
- Interpersonal Skills: Interpersonal competencies help you interact, communicate, and collaborate with others effectively. Typical examples of interpersonal skills include empathy, active listening, and emotional intelligence
- Coaching and Mentoring: Coaching and mentoring both exist for the same purpose: helping others grow, develop and reach their full potential. Both coaching and mentoring give the opportunity for individuals to take responsibility for their own personal and career development.
- Managing Up: Managing up is about using the traits of a good manager to help bring out the best in you as an employee. When done effectively, managing up makes your manager’s job easier, as well as your day-to-day job. Understanding the best way to communicate with your boss, demonstrating that you care, meeting performance goals and more, won’t go unnoticed.
- Conflict Management: Conflict management is the use of techniques to resolve disagreements or control the level of discord. Conflict resolution techniques include facilitating meetings for the conflicting parties to identify the problem, discuss resolutions and create superordinate goals that require cooperation from conflicting parties.
- Delegation: Delegation involves assigning tasks you have responsibility for to your coworkers or team members. When you delegate tasks, you reduce your workload while retaining responsibility. Learning more about delegation can help you improve delegation practices in your organization. Delegation is a basic managment technique that involves assigning responsibility to another person and granting the appropriate level of authority required to complete the assignment.
- Emotional Intelligence: Emotional intelligence in the workplace begins from the inside out with each individual. It involves recognizing various aspects of your feelings and emotions and taking the time to work on the elements of self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills.
ABOUT MARKI MICROWAVE
Shattering Performance Barriers Since 1991.
At Marki Microwave our goal is to invent technologies to empower the RF and microwave industry to design faster, simplify production, eliminate complexity, and shatter performance barriers.
Marki Microwave is a privately-owned company based in Morgan Hill, California, 30 minutes from downtown San Jose in Southern Silicon Valley. We offer a full benefits package, including:
- Holiday pay
- Paid Time Off (4 weeks)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) ER matching
- Employee Dependent Scholarship Plan
- College Loan Subsidy Program
Marki Microwave is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military or veteran status, or any other applicable federal, state or local protected classification.
Marki Microwave IncMorgan Hill, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.