Director of Sales
MarketStar currently has a position available in Ogden, UT for a Director of Sales. As a Sales Director, you will use your strategic sales and client relations expertise, marketing knowledge and technical aptitude to develop opportunities within the business to business sales space to drive revenue growth. The Sales Director is responsible for ensuring SLA agreements and/or sales quotas are met/exceeded for all assigned team engagements while providing direction and recommendations, planning, development, and implementation of appropriate marketing and sales operations.
What will you do?
• Client Relations – Act as primary contact to ensure requests and questions are promptly resolved, and information regarding Company products, services, programs, and promotions is appropriately provided. Monitor service delivery ensuring deadlines and expectations are met. Responsible for assisting in the creation and implementation of promotional campaigns. Accountable for strategic and tactical planning and program implementation.
• Account Management – Oversee the implementation of effective business practices and ensure operational excellence to further enhance client satisfaction. Conduct regular reviews of expenses, revenues, etc. Ensure operations are cost-effective and within budget constraints. Implement expense saving strategies as necessary and appropriate. Act as a facilitator of processes across departments.
• Staff Management – Actively develop managers and employees by providing leadership through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conduct meetings to ensure that personnel is well informed of changes in programs, policies, procedures, and initiatives. Oversee and conduct performance appraisals. Provide measurable feedback to staff and suggestions for improved performance. Deliver appropriate recognition and corrective action as needed.
• Administration – Work closely with stakeholders and resources at all levels of the organization to build and maintain positive relationships and ensure proper administration of policy, practice, and procedure regarding travel, payroll, expense reporting and reimbursement, facilities management, information technology administration, etc. Assume responsibility for preparation, monitoring, and compliance of related budgets and budgetary guidelines.
• Strategic – Proactively identify problems and initiate a strategic solution on behalf of the client. Maximize the client’s investment by strategically managing account resources and its team members.
Desired Attributes for success:
• Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and related professional experience in client relations, sales leadership, and program management
• Strong knowledge of sales and marketing strategies coupled with solid analytical skills and the ability to present information and analysis to executives
• Proven ability to command a leadership role in a team environment and drive the performance of others through employee development and performance management
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to partner with the client and internal stakeholders to develop relationships
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; engaging and persuasive presentation skills
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) and CRM tools
Rated as one of the Salt Lake Tribune’s Top Workplaces in 2019, MarketStar is one of Northern Utah’s largest private employers and have offices in Ogden, Salt Lake City, and Dublin, Ireland. Our employees have helped launch, sell, and support thousands of products and services on behalf of the biggest and brightest companies in the world.
Our Health & Wellness benefits feature full medical and dental coverage, parental leave, as well as disability and supplemental life insurance to employees, their spouses and domestic partners (same or opposite gender), and children. We are committed to your future and offer tuition reimbursement, 401k retirement, and a personal loan program.
MarketStar does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where MarketStar does business.