Start your new career as a Inventory or Shipping and Receiving Handler with Marketplace Professional Staffing. As a Inventory or Shipping and Receiving Handler, you will be responsible for all aspects of the IG assembly processes including putting up inventory stock, pulling parts, assembling, repair/restock, packing. shipping/receiving, unloading/loading trucks and using SAP system. This is a great opportunity with a facility that opened in 1983 and the location has also been home to the corporate headquarters since 1987. The 250,000 square foot manufacturing facility, makes K-Series helical bevel gear reducers, was honored with the Plant Engineering Magazine 2007 Top Plant Award for innovation, employee empowerment, and environmental responsibility. The plant has more than doubled its manufacturing capacity over the past 7 years to meet growing customer demand.
Skills we are looking for:
- Shipping and Receiving
- Unloading and loading of various types of trucks and shipping containers
- Operating material handling equipment (forklifts, both stand up and sit down, and cranes with rigging equipment)
- Basic computer skills – MS Office
- SAP experience (Inventory / shipping / receiving)
- Read / comprehend bill of ladings and shipping documentation
- Gauges and measuring tools
- Previous Assembler / assembly experience preferred
- Read blueprints and manufacturer drawings
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Mechanical aptitude required to assemble gear drives and motors
- Stocking / Inventory
- Pulling parts from stock, staging and preparing orders
- PREFER prior experience working with a High Bay Storage system
What we offer:
- Health benefits.
- 1st shfit 7am to 3:30pm
- 401k matching once hired on.
What you will be doing:
- Unloading and loading of various types of trucks and shipping containers.
- Operate material handling equipment, including but not limited to, forklifts, cranes and hoists.
- Use computer to perform inventory/shipping/receiving tasks in SAP system.
- Verify compliance of parts received by using shop measuring tools and available documentation.
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with all departments to verify correct goods received and correct items are shipped.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and work instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Rotate to various jobs within Assembly Shop if necessary.
- Assist with inventory functions such as cycle counting, FIFO, and organizational improvements.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Hands on putting up inventory stock as received from affiliates and domestic suppliers.
- Hands on parts pulling, prepping and staging of parts for parts orders and shop assembly orders.
- Use company truck to pickup/delivery parts and units to/from Lyman plants.
- Packaging, shipping/receiving and general clean up.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to THE COMPANY or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Assembly/ Manufacturing position.
We create talent solutions always with your culture, your needs, your time table and your budget in mind. Our Talent Solutions Consultant team brings the highest level of business acumen to you with responsive, flexible and personalized service. Our focus is on developing long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships, providing top talent so you can focus on achieving ever greater levels of success for your enterprise.
Marketplace Professional StaffingMarketplace Professional Staffing has been providing high quality, value-added staffing services and productivity solutions to leading companies needing talent to grow their business since 1996. A Certified Minority Business Enterprise, Marketplace has grown into one of the leading independent staffing providers in America. Our services include: Contract/Outsourcing, Temporary, Temp-to-Hire, Permanent Placement/Executive Search, Payroll and Support Services. We create talent solutions always with your culture, your needs, your time table and your budget in mind. Our Talent Solutions Consultant team brings the highest level of business acumen to you with responsive, flexible and personalized service. Our focus is on developing long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships, providing top talent so you can focus on achieving ever greater levels of success for your enterprise.