Marketplace Food and Drug Minot, ND
- Posted: 25 days ago
- $10 to $14 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Assists in maintaining and operating the bakery department baking and preparing and packaging products and ensuring cleanliness, quality and high level service to the customer.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
· Promote outstanding customer service with all guests and associates, greeting all customers with a smile, offering assistance, thanking customers for shopping at our store and inviting them to come back.
· Project a professional personal image with impeccable hygiene and wearing a clean, neat assigned uniform, with a clearly visible nametag.
· Work on your own or with other department associates to decorate, display and otherwise enhance bakery products.
· Complete all orders as requested, accurately, following all food safety standards and procedures and delivering a high quality products that will engage and impress the customer.
· Efficiently wrap and package product as indicated, ensuring accurate weights, prices and date coded on product.
· As needed provide additional support for the bakery department to include but not limited to:
· Properly fill, rotate and merchandise bakery shelves, cases and displays, assist with unloading deliveries and proper storing of all products and product ingredients.
· Work with other associates to mix, thaw, proof, fry and bake products that are scheduled for the shift.
· Handle and monitor all products for quality and safety while enhancing the image of freshness and while controlling for shrinkage and waste.
· Maintain clean, attractive and well stocked department.
· Takes telephone and counter orders for specialty cakes and other products.
· Adhere to all standards for food safety and sanitization, including safe operating procedures for equipment, monitoring of storage temperatures and conditions, and maintaining excellent personal hygiene.
· Notify department Manager if products and supplies need to be ordered.
· Develop and maintain familiarity with all products carried in the department, know differences in price, taste, preparation and use.
· Observe and verify signage on product making sure that shelf tags are accurate, signage is correct and timely and labels are placed appropriately.
· Cooperate with Department Manager and other associates to control department expenses.
· Observe all loss prevention strategies, handling spoiled or damaged products properly, reducing waste and monitoring for theft.
· Actively support the department, other departments and store leadership by following all company policies and procedures and providing assistance and support where needed.
High school diploma or equivalent
2+ year previous retail or food service experience preferred
Previous cake or bakery decorating training or experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills Abilities
Ability to interact politely and effectively with customers.
Proficiency in basic math
Creative and artistic interest and ability
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds regularly, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Continuous walking, standing, lifting, bending. Some repetitive motion. Frequent use of hands to handle products. This position is subject to a typical retail store environment with regular exposure to hot working conditions and occasional exposure to coolers or freezers. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Mixers, ovens, scales, proofer, fryer, knives, texlon, wrapper and other bakery equipment
Box cutter, cardboard baler, pallet jack
We at the Johanneson Companies are making a commitment to excellence. We will achieve this by promoting a positive working environment and team concept with unparalleled customer satisfaction and product quality as our ultimate goals. By placing personal attention to our employees and customers, we will be creating positive attitudes and company pride throughout our organization. By doing this, we will be able to anticipate changes that the future may bring. The Johanneson Team, committed to excellence, can realize the vision of a progress-oriented company through honest communication and the everyday practice of respect for others.
Marketplace Food and Drug
Marketplace Foods grocery stores have been proudly serving our customers since 1940. We have supermarkets in northern Minnesota, western Wisconsin and 4 locations in Minot, North Dakota. We at the Johanneson Companies are making a commitment to excellence. We will achieve this by promoting a positive working environment and team concept with unparalleled customer satisfaction and product quality as our ultimate goals. By placing personal attention to our employees and customers, we will be creating positive attitudes and company pride throughout our organization. By doing this, we will be able to anticipate changes that the future may bring. The Johanneson Team, committed to excellence, can realize the vision of a progress-oriented company through honest communication and the everyday practice of respect for others.