We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team! The Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparing, examining and analyzing the Accounts Receivable, and daily cash and check records related to AR and other financial records as requested. The position must ensure the accounts are accurate, timely, and complete, conforming to reporting and procedural standards. This position will report directly to the Director of Finance.
To be successful in this position you need to be highly motivated, extremely confident, a self-starter with a positive attitude, and possess strong communications and time management skills. If this sounds like you, we would love to chat!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the accurate maintenance of the Accounts Receivable, Collections, Contract Management, card accounting records to the accounting system which including the maintenance of all tables, lists, journals and entries.
- Prepare and analyze general ledger transactions for correct accounting treatment relating to AR and Credit Card transactions.
- Perform monthly or as required reconciliations of:
- Accounts Receivable to QuickBooks
- Accounts Payable to ledger.
- Credit card statements to ledger and AR/AP.
- Various account ledgers as requested.
- Ensure that all customer payments (check, credit card or electronically) are posted to the accounts.
- Do monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare account analysis for AR as requested
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Oversee and manage the collections process.
- Manage all client contracts.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues, vendors and clients of all professional levels.
- Ensure that the continual collections follow up with clients is done. Ensure that all clients are within terms.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum 2 yr Associates degree in Accounting or Finance or 2+ years as full charge Staff Accountant with extensive accounts receivable experience.
- 2+ years’ experience working with QuickBooks online.
- Accurate, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Solid math and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate skills working with Microsoft Office Word, particularly Excel with the ability to do Pivot tables and analytical data sorts.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and understanding of priorities.
- Connect Booster experience preferred.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, fast-growing company.
- Problem Solver, Accuracy, Adaptability.
- Knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles in the U.S.)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Marketopia offers competitive pay and benefits packages designed to attract and retain the best and brightest. In addition to a strong base salary and bonus program that rewards our best performers, we offer generous paid vacation and excellent benefits. We also offer a fun work environment with a bright and cheery atmosphere and even a company dog!