The Position: Assistant Media Buyer
We're looking for a real "go-getter" to join our Team as an Assistant Media Buyer on one of our large media accounts. The Assistant Media Buyer works with our Media Buyers and Account Supervisors on media research, rate negotiation, media placement, invoice reconciliation, analysis, and more. The AMB is exposed to all aspects of media planning, negotiating, buying and tracking/measuring our clients' media buys with the objective of their gaining the necessary skills and experience to become a Media Buyer of Account Executive. This posting is for a position located in our Boca Raton, FL office. Candidates living farther than a 45-60 minutes drive from our office will not be considered. Any candidate open to relocating within driving distance of our office must do so before the start of employment. We do not employ free-lancers or consultants working in a virtual office situation.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Utilizing buying software to create, optimize and manage media plans
- Working with Media Buyers to assist in maximizing client media budgets
- Tracking and placing broadcast media plans
- Evaluating new media opportunities and writing POV's for clients on potential opportunities
- Approving invoices and reconciling discrepancies
- Participating in on-going communication with clients
- Tracking results
- Identifying or creating value-added packages to improve client plans
The ideal candidate has exhibited an interest in pursuing a career in advertising or marketing. They are a recent college graduate who studied business, advertising, communications or a related field and/or has a couple of years of real-world experience in marketing. The person we’re looking for is bright, analytical, energetic, self-motivated, and is anxious to learn. They should be comfortable working in a team environment and have demonstrated the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and still meet all deadlines.
Candidates must have a Bachelors degree and be proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Previous advertising or media-related positions or internships are a strong plus!