Senior PR Manager
The primary goal of our PR programs is to elevate awareness and shape existing perceptions about our clients by building a robust presence across traditional and digital media platforms and on the client’s “owned” media (website, blogs, newsletters, etc.) Partnerships, public speaking opportunities, events, community outreach, promotions of various types are also normal elements of a public relations plan. Creative thinking, problem-solving and good writing skills are key in this role, and a clear understanding of news value also important. Candidates who are ambitious, collaborative and serious about their career will thrive.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement mainstream and social media outreach plans for public relations campaigns, including building media lists from existing sources and our online database, and utilizing (and developing) media relationships to drive success for story ideas. Identification of advantageous community partnerships, speaking opportunities, the development of concepts for white papers, infographics, videos, newsletters, email campaigns and other content to help position clients as thought leaders in their industry are key.
- Contributing to new business presentations is an important role within this senior position. Networking with designated civic and nonprofit groups and working hard to maintain good relations with agency clients is also helpful.
- This senior job requires sound knowledge of social media and its marketing applications. Candidate will work with our Digital Strategist to develop the right mix of platforms and content for clients he/she supervises or manages. This includes offering ideas for social media editorial calendars, promotional ideas and great visuals for top-notch, engaging content are expected in this role.
- The senior brand manager will help identify sources at the companies we represent who can provide expert comment in topical news stories, and then guide or develop the messaging and any necessary research so that the client offers timely substantive content to the media outlet. Identifying stories and angles with real news value, developing media pitches and press releases, writing newsletter stories, blog posts and creating and implementing the strategy that will atomize (leverage) the topic across owned and social media is a key role.
- Working with and supervising junior staff to help execute on social photos coverage at events, coordinating photo shoots on both the advertising and PR sides, working with editors, reporters, news producers, partner organizations is an integral part of the job, as well as supervising and assisting junior staff in need of guidance.
- Supervise junior staff and assist in tracking and clipping media exposure on behalf of selected clients (clips are assigned to juniors, but monitoring media for our stories a senior role as well as support staff).
- Create monthly activity reports for clients assigned to you.