A boutique Marketing and Business Consulting Firm is seeking a REMOTE Marketing Intern. The main focus is to learn and assist in implementing new creative marketing and business consulting strategies to promote our clients and the firm. In this role you will learn about and interact with a wide range of companies and clients ranging from large technology companies to small startups in food, financial, real estate, law, fitness, hospitality, virtual reality and more.
Because of COVID-19 we are open to adding the right person to our team who will work virtually / remotely. You can be located anywhere in the world as long as you can work with us sometime between the hours of 8am PST to 8pm PST. We have team meetings, client meetings and host virtual events all via Zoom, Skype and other platforms. Our business continues to grow in new ways and we want to add someone to our team who wants to grow with us. This is an UNPAID role with our company and all work can be done remotely.
This role includes learning how to engage in social media marketing, event promotion, public relations campaigns, writing press releases, sales strategy, attending client meetings, email marketing, video production, business operations, event planning, brand promotion and attending business networking and social events.
This is an ideal role for a current or recent college graduate who can make a consistent time commitment. Length of internship and amount of hours can range depending on needs (e.g. summer internship, international student part-time CPT, full-time OPT, etc.). The ideal candidate can be part of our 12 month comprehensive internship training program. We will give you school credit and professional reference.
In this role you will also "attend" numerous monthly events and workshops. ALL events are now virtual events, live streamed, etc. and will be for a long time!
This position works directly with the Founder and Chief Consultant who has a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology with additional coursework and experience in law, business, and marketing.
Our comprehensive Internship Training Program will provide you with important client work, projects and responsibilities, along with training and supervision to gain impressive new skills.
This is an UNPAID role with our company and all work can be done remotely.
AFTER COVID-19... when we go back to working at our office, which will be a long time from now and if you happen to be local to the San Francisco Bay Area (where our main office is located) we can pay for 1) transportation (BART / Gas) up to $200 per month and (2) pay for all meals (around $15 a day) on days worked and more. There may also be opportunities to earn commission and bonuses.
Interns learn through working with us about strengths they never knew they had, define their true career goals and are given projects in those areas making them more valuable in the marketplace and inside our company. The goal is that your hard work will be rewarded with new higher-level projects and opportunities.
Together we create a custom flexible schedule (around classes, other work, etc.) which is typically 16 to 24 hours a week over 2-3 days a week (including evening events) for a 12 month comprehensive internship training program. If desired interns may work full-time. Interns may work more hours over a 6 month or 3 month time frame, especially for summer internships, OPT programs, etc., however 12 months is our comprehensive program.
We make adjustments during the school year or based on your work schedule. The hours also include, based on your availability, attending (NOW VIRTUAL) our 5-10 monthly business networking and social events.
We develop a mix of activities based on your interest, experience, availability and long term goals.
Typical Apprentice / Intern activities may include:
- Public Relations and Email Marketing Campaigns
- Creating, posting, tracking, updating content for Social Media and online sites such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Yelp, Eventbrite, Wordpress Websites, Blogs, etc.
- Event planning, event marketing and on-site day of event coordinating of weekday or evening networking events or restaurant tasting events we host in or around the San Francisco Bay Area (e.g. San Francisco, Berkeley, Oakland, Walnut Creek, San Ramon, Danville) - NOW VIRTUAL
- Attending client meetings and engaging in meaningful conversations at events and acting as a brand ambassador for both our company and our clients - NOW VIRTUAL
- Collaborating with other team members (e.g. Graphic designs, project managers, web developers) - NOW VIRTUAL
- Working directly with the founder and other team members on projects at our office on Piedmont Avenue on the Oakland/Berkeley Border and/or at event spaces in San Francisco. - NOW VIRTUAL
- Visiting clients sites and shadowing the founder and learning to participate in business consulting and marketing strategy meetings. - NOW VIRTUAL
- and performing other work together or on your own as needed to get projects completed and based on interest
- Planning, organizing, promoting company and client events
- Attending events, checking people in at events, acting as an event greeter and host - NOW VIRTUAL
- Engaging in conversations during business meetings and events - NOW VIRTUAL
- Assisting to create marketing materials and press releases with other team members
- Updating company and clients’ Blogs, Websites, Social Media, etc.
- Organizing schedules and maintaining projects in our project management system (Basecamp)
- Completing Administrative tasks (i.e. data entry, drafting emails, transcribing meetings notes, etc.)
- Following up with event guest who expressed interest in learning more about our company or clients
- Participating in client and new business meetings or lunches - NOW VIRTUAL
- Designing new company marketing materials
- Creating PowerPoint presentations or presenting company or clients products or services at events
- Writing press releases and assisting with public relations campaigns
- Producing or participating in videos and photo shoots promoting company or clients products or services for website, social media and print
- Email Marketing campaigns (Constant Contact)
- Facebook, Twitter, Yelp Postings and monitoring
- Updating company and clients Blog and Websites
- Google Analytics, Keyword tracking, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Savvy communicator with impeccable interpersonal skills; outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance with natural ability to attract attention and engage in meaningful conversations at events and during business consulting meetings - NOW VIRTUAL
- Exceptional organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Understanding of and interest in Social Media for marketing of restaurants, retail, corporations and non profits.
- Proficient Skills or ability to quickly learn to use Google Applications, project management tools, and database spreadsheets programs
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing/competing priorities
- Able to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys learning and continually seeking new ways to grow personally and professionally
- Fun, outgoing, motivated, passionate, driven to succeed, and has a "can-do" attitude
We have continued to grow and dramatically expand every year, and see this trend continuing, creating new opportunities for those who work with us. Our environment encourages our people to perform to the best of their abilities in any situation by providing continuous challenges and the support to produce amazing results for our Clients. We heavily invest resources in recruitment, mentoring and training because creative talent is so hard to find. We work together to see everything is accomplished and ideally your efforts will allow the Founder to have more time to focus on consulting and growing the business further.