Logan Airport Concessions Program
MarketPlace Logan, LLC, is the developer and manager of the Concessions Program at Boston Logan International Airport. Under an agreement with the Massachusetts Port Authority (Massport), MarketPlace is responsible for developing, leasing, marketing and managing the Massport’s concessions program at Logan Airport. Since 2017, MarketPlace has had responsibility for overseeing the complete redevelopment and transformation of the concessions program at Logan. The concessions program offers more than 150 shops, restaurants and services, including many local favorites and regional and national brands.
The General Manager for the Logan Airport Concessions Program has overall responsibility for ensuring the effective development, management and operation of the Logan concessions program, in keeping with MarketPlace and Massport goals and objectives. This position will be the primary on-site contact with Massport staff and will be responsible for managing all of MarketPlace’s on-site staff.
- Coordinate leasing, phasing, design and construction functions to facilitate the redevelopment of the Logan Airport Concessions Program while maintaining adequate levels of service and minimizing impacts to the traveling public.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Logan Airport’s Concessions Program.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all Massport departments, concession tenants, contractors and other airport stakeholders.
- Manage the MarketPlace Logan staff to achieve Massport and MarketPlace goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage annual income and operating budgets in coordination with Finance and Accounting Department.
- Oversee all common area maintenance services.
- Management of the contract relationship that operates Logan’s retail delivery program (RDP) and the central distribution and receiving center (CDRC).
- Negotiate and manage all contract service agreements.
- Serve as day-to-day liaison with Massport staff and manage compliance with all contract requirements.
- Facilitate regular meetings and reporting with the corporate office and Massport to provide updates on finances, leasing, construction, operations, marketing and customer service.
- Manage all aspects of property management, including but not limited to, monitoring the sales activity, daily operations, pricing, customer service, hours of operation, merchandise, sales reporting, and payment of rent.
- Manage accounts receivable in coordination with Finance and Accounting Department.
- Oversee compliance with all Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) requirements.
- Maintain timely and effective communications with the corporate office.
- Coordinate and participate in the manager on duty program.
- Work with the leasing team to maintain occupancy level and meet required ACDBE goals.
- Ensure the implementation and management of the property Risk Management Program.
- Manage the construction process, including base building construction, subtenant fit-out and coordination of all concession construction with Massport.
- Ensure successful implementation of the street pricing program.
- Prepare and manage all sales, revenue, marketing and CAM expense budgets in coordination with Finance and Accounting Department.
- Oversee accounts payable approval process.
- Manage development and implementation of a marketing and promotions program to enhance concession sales and passenger satisfaction.
- Manage the introduction and smooth operation of new technology initiatives designed to increase customer service and sales.
- Ensure compliance by the subtenants of all terms and conditions of the subleases.
- Ensure compliance by the subtenants of all applicable health, safety, fire, building, alcoholic beverage and security codes/regulations.
- Ensure MarketPlace and tenant compliance with cyber-security protocols.
- Oversee compliance with sustainability regulations and encourage new initiatives.
- Assure that the Concession Program is providing the highest level of customer/passenger service.
- Maintain the Concession Premises in a clean, neat, sanitary and safe condition in accordance with the Concession Lease Agreement and all applicable health, fire and building code requirements.
- Manage the property in accordance to FAA and Airport Rules and Regulations.
Areas of Expertise
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Budgeting and financial management skills.
- Public relations, marketing and customer service skills and techniques.
- General leasing knowledge.
- Knowledge of design, construction and facility maintenance program.
- Basic knowledge of loss prevention, safety, and security.
Required Education and Experience
- Relevant degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary educational institution.
- Professional property management certifications (such as CPM or CSM) are desired.
- Ten years of experience in retail property management, or equivalent experience.
- Airport/transportation center retail development and/or management experience preferred.