Business Development Manager
It’s time to change the world of marketing – and we’re looking at you
We’re working with some of the world’s most dynamic companies, transforming the way they do marketing from an enabler to a driver of business success. As their Agency of Record, we’re helping B2B organizations to evolve from outdated outbound marketing to a fully measurable demand engine with our unique Unified Customer Experience framework. And when we say measurement, we mean the real business kind (not the fluffy old school marketing kind).
Who we’re looking for right now
The Business Development Manager will target both new and active client accounts with the objective of identifying, engaging and converting new sales opportunities. A consultative, challenger selling approach will be required as the BDM engages with decision makers. Career track includes mentor/coaching of new staff leading to sales management/leadership.
The role: day-to-day activities
- Provide pricing models and negotiate terms and customize scope with support from MarketOne’s Client Services and Business Development Leadership.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to MarketOne clients, in collaboration with MarketOne’s consultants and delivery teams.
- Achieve/exceed quarterly targets
- Plan and prioritize sales activities which includes but not limited to; pro-active prospecting, targeted AMB sales campaigns, nurturing and converting leads, social media engagement, and generating qualified customer meetings towards achieving agreed business goals
- Collaborate with MarketOne team members and subject matter experts to close deals
- Profile prospects for qualified opportunities into assigned Key and Tier 1-3 New Prospect Accounts
- Source meetings with buyers at New Prospect and Active Customers
- Deliver presentations focused on “About MarketOne” and “MarketOne Core Value Propositions & Deliverables” to prospective buyers
- Use analytical and challenger selling skills to understand the customer, their business, requirements and create a value proposition based on their needs
- Manage Request for Proposal (RFP) responses on assigned New Prospect Accounts
- Own the creation of SOWs and coordinate with MarketOne subject matter experts for input
- Ensure revenue forecast for named accounts is maintained in MarketOne’s CRM system (NetSuite) and all KPIs are logged (e.g. meaningful interactions logged as ‘Events’)
- Build relationships with Martech partners (AEs and CSMs) to help generate business
- Travel to see clients and prospects (average 1-3 days per month)
- Conduct oneself in a highly professional and ethical manner, adopting behaviors that enhance the reputation of the company.
- 10-15 years selling services, preferably B2B marketing or consulting through bid management and RFP processes
- Experience working in a digital marketing agency environment
- Track record of converting prospects to business deals
- Proven experience exceeding assigned sales quotas
- Prior sales management experience a plus but not a requirement
- Consultative sales skills with demonstrable selling experience at the C-level
- Solid understanding of B2B marketing and demand generation
- Knowledge of marketing automation platforms (Marketo, Eloqua, SFMC)
- Knowledge of sales technologies (SEP, CRM)
Powered by JazzHR
MarketOne InternationalWaltham, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.