Market of Choice - Cheese Steward
- $15 to $18 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
Market of Choice in South Eugene is now hiring!
Are you passionate about food? Are you excited to learn and share how your favorite foods are created and brought to market? Can you imagine working with cheeses, charcuterie, and accompaniments from around Oregon and around the world? Then we want to meet you!
The Market of Choice Cheese Shops are a high-energy, team-oriented environment that create an inviting in-store experience with friendly, knowledgeable, and customer service oriented Cheese Stewards. This position starts at $15/hour up to $18/hour depending on experience, with growth opportunity up to $19/hour.
Market of Choice is a growing, family-owned, local company with excellent benefits and opportunity for professional development. Our company offers a benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, competitive wages, a matching 401(k) retirement plan, access to financial wellness services and an employee assistance fund.
Market of Choice employees create a pleasant in-store atmosphere and provide knowledgeable and friendly customer service.
As a Cheese Steward, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting customers in selection and recommendations for everyday dining as well as special event entertaining
- Being knowledgeable about food trends and applications involving but not limited to artisan cheeses, charcuterie, and specialty accompaniments such as crackers, honey, preserves, mustards and pickles.
- Conduct in-store tastings and pairings
- Create cheese plates and gift baskets
- production and proper care and storage of items sold in the Market Cheese Shops
- Checking in deliveries/ logging of all invoices daily
- Cleaning and maintenance of the Cheese Shop and sales area in adherence to Market of Choice food safety standards
The ideal candidate will have a passion for food and an interest in artisan cheeses from around the world, have creative merchandising skills, superior customer service skills, and a strong sales ability. Open availability including evenings and weekends is preferred. You must be 18 years or older.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
A diverse community and workplace benefits us all. Market of Choice is committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified applicants as well as giving people of all backgrounds an opportunity to work and contribute to our company and community. We uphold our tradition of valuing our employees by providing equal opportunities to all applicants.
Market of ChoiceEugene, OR
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.