- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a motivated Generalist to join our Corporate HR team located in Eugene! This is an exciting opportunity for a developing professional to contribute to the long-term success of a growing organization!
Who Are We?
Market of Choice is a growing, family-owned, local grocery company with 11 stores throughout Oregon. We have locations in the Portland Area, Eugene, Corvallis, Bend, and Southern Oregon. We strive daily to grow and sustain a unique environment that fosters exceptional customer service, employee commitment, and community involvement.
Our Corporate HR team is a small and close-knit group of self-motivated, career-oriented, hard-working individuals who support our retail operations using our HR professional skills. If you are a developing HR professional who holds yourself and your work to a high standard for the betterment of the team, we want to talk to you!
Who Are You?
Our ideal teammate:
- Is a self-directed learner who is willing to apply direct feedback and continuously and humbly self-assess in order to grow personally and professionally.
- Desires good working relationships and is looking for a long-term home to grow a career. (If you are looking for a short-term resume-builder, this isn't a good fit.)
- Understands that every situation is different and approaches each with a fair and unbiased perspective.
- Is able to effectively balance facts, logic and HR knowledge with personal opinions and emotions in order to make good decisions.
What Can I Expect?
This is a salaried career position. Our three HR Generalists each focus on different areas of HR but are expected to be flexible and adaptable, understand their teammates' jobs and pitch in when needed.
As a member of the Corporate HR team, you will report to the head of HR. Some of your job duties may include:
- Overseeing hiring and staffing for our stores and supporting locations.
- Ongoing coaching of Store Managers to meet HR goals and metrics
- Conducting investigations
- Developing, implementing and enforcing processes, policies, and procedures
- Maintaining records, SOPs, job descriptions, and various training materials
- Administering LOA, ADA, Time & Attendance, Worker's Compensation, and Safety programs
- Conducting new hire interviews
- Recruiting, selecting, coaching and performance managing store-level HR teammates
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws and staying up-to-date with changes
- Participating in meetings and attending seminars as needed.
Here's what we'll need from you (Job Requirements):
- Excellent analytical, organizational and verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Advanced Computer skills including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and ability to apply logic to computer-based systems.
- Eagerness to learn any and all HR concepts with which you don't have knowledge or experience
- Ability to represent our values and promote a positive culture for our 1,400 teammates
- The job is Eugene-based, and periodic travel to all 11 locations throughout the state may be required. New store openings require temporary periods of extended overnight stays.
- Reliable transportation is required.
Icing on the cake (Preferred Qualifications):
- A strong background in coaching, development and supporting retail operations.
- Experience in hiring and recruitment
- Experience managing complex projects and delegating tasks
- Experience with talent management and teammate retention strategies
To be considered for this position, please complete the online application, including a cover letter and resume, complete all supplemental questions and the online assessment.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
A diverse community and workplace benefits us all. Market of Choice is committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified applicants as well as giving people of all backgrounds an opportunity to work and contribute to our company and community. We uphold our tradition of valuing our employees by providing equal opportunities to all applicants.
Market of Choice
BusinessView all jobs at Market of Choice
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?