National Podcast Account Executive
- Posted: over a month ago
Market Enginuity's sister company Soundrise is dedicated to supporting independent mission-driven media through the development of predictable, sustainable revenue growth.
Responsible for business development of large-scale national multi-platform campaigns for direct marketers and digital ad agencies, achieving budgeted revenue growth and establishing meaningful client relationships/accounts. This is an outside sales position selling to new clients and servicing established accounts, educating prospects on the benefits of podcast sponsorship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to develop new business and manage sales with a proven track record of exceeding goals
- Thorough understanding of advertising and marketing, including digital and audio
- A creative mind to put together unique campaigns focused on solving client needs; Orchestrate campaign activation and creative production processes
- Strong problem-solving skills - you’re someone who identifies a problem as an opportunity to develop business
- Deliver outstanding customer service to advertiser and agency partners
- Preparation of key data points for client meetings and in support of media & strategic recommendations; fielding client questions as is required throughout the sales cycle
- Partner with Campaign Manager and cross-functional teams to manage campaign performance, identify & close incremental revenue opportunities and ensure client success
- Lead brand measurement initiatives from setup to results presentation
- Own post-campaign analysis with findings and recommendations to drive repeat business
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Market Enginuity and Soundrise, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. If you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Who You Are
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Sales, Advertising, Marketing, or Business
- A min of 4+ years’ experience in digital media, implementation planning and/or buying with strong industry knowledge and a desire to grow within the industry
- You can translate client requests to make recommendations that meet business objectives
- You can craft impactful sales rationale stories by using data and research
- You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline and detailed oriented environment and have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- You are highly organized and focused multi-tasker with strong attention to detail who can work independently within a team focused organization
- You have excellent dexterity in Excel and Powerpoint and have experience working within CRMs, OMSs, ad servers and other digital media tech systems
- New Business – Conduct prospecting of potential new business by making face-to-face presentations and/or client conference calls/web meetings.
- Relationship Management –. This involves cultivating the relationship to grow existing business as well as generate new business. Utilize CRM software system to track and document all sales activity.
- Analysis – Evaluate client needs and opportunities and develop solutions that leverage a portfolio of broadcast, podcast. Identify emerging trends and opportunities to develop competitive insight and maintain/enhance relevance.
- Presentation/Proposals – Ability to build comprehensive recommendations
- Communication and Influence – Exceptional selling, presentation, negotiation and closing skills. Effectively communicate and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Travel –
- Reporting – Prepare and submit sales and financial reports as directed.
- Traffic and Billing– Follow all processes and procedures for traffic and billing.. Monitor accounts receivables.
- Processes/Systems - Follow the Market Enginuity process and systems for monthly projections. Prepare sales projections, weekly reports, short/long term strategy, plan, and goals. Develop and process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts.
- Market Information - Monitor market conditions, current industry information, prices, and sales.
- Collections - Perform collections activities.
- Values – Demonstrate professional values representative of the organizations we serve in all encounters, transactions, and communications.
- Other projects as assigned - This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee nor does this job description restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Customer Service: Anticipate, meet and / or exceed customer needs, wants and expectations.
- Self-management: Demonstrate self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities.
- Written / Verbal Communication: Write clearly, succinctly, and understandably. Talk to others to convey information and ideas effectively.
- Presenting: Comfortable initiating senior-level “C-Suite” client-based relationships. Ability to articulate the benefit of podcast advertising and the unique audiences we represent.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively communicate, build rapport, and relate well to a diverse audience.
- Active Listening: Give full attention to what other people say, take time to understand the points being made, ask appropriate questions
- Persuasion: Convince others to change the way they think, believe, or behave
- Goal Orientation: Energetically focused efforts on meeting a goal, mission, or objective
- Critical Thinking: Use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong writing, negotiation, and presentation skills. Ability to overcome objections, competitive and self-starter. Creative, flexible and ability to adjust quickly to industry changes.
- Well organized, display a professional demeanor, exude high energy, and show attention to detail. Excellent at follow up and effective at moving prospects and clients through the sales process.
- Proven track record of success selling digital media, ideally digital audio/podcasts. Knowledge and execution in planning, forecasting, and account strategy. Understanding of advertising agency departments. Strong understanding of digital media and marketing.
- Ability to establish objective and goals and be accountable for results. Ability to achieve or exceed multiple sales quotas and productivity targets.
- Excellent leadership abilities, being the face of the organization in the streets and in the building. Fearless approach to business, creating strength via a group of assets.
- Experience working with multiple business units simultaneously.
- Knowledge of regional and national markets including decision makers, events, and key accounts
Skills and Abilities
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Understanding of media math and metrics.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in written communication, spreadsheet, and account management software. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency is required as is CRM and industry-related database software. Ability to work with a variety of Windows based software programs and market research software.
- Education and / or Experience: Bachelor's degree (Marketing, Communications or Business preferred) from an accredited four-year college or university, and five years direct media sales experience with a minimum of three years of successful online advertising sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience includes working with a diverse roster of clients across multiple platforms.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current driver's license
Hybrid in office 2-days
Company Paid Life Insurance
Company Paid Identity Theft Protection
Company Paid Short- and Long-term disability insurance
Bring Your Whole Self To Work. Each Day. Everyday.
As leaders in mission-driven media, we seek talent as unique as the audiences we help our clients reach. That’s why we are committed to a culture of inclusion where individuals from every walk of life feel respected, are treated fairly, provided work-life harmony and an opportunity to excel. Our mindful objectives include curating a diverse workplace where we invite authenticity, encourage curiosity, and treasure collaboration.
So, bring yourself to Market Enginuity and Soundrise – your skills, experiences, ideas – where your whole self is welcome.
You can learn more about us on our website: https://www.wearesoundrise.com/
You can also visit us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/wearesoundrise/
You can learn more about our partner PRX: https://prx.org/
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?