Application Specialist - Machine Tool
Markent Personnel Fond du Lac, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is a well-respected manufacturer of machining equipment and they need an Application Specialist. Their clients are manufacturers in the construction vehicle, aerospace, and defense industries. In this role you will be training customers and providing application technical support to customers, technical sales, and other team members. There is approximately 50% travel in this role, generally a week at a time. It is somewhat reduced during the pandemic.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position at any time.
What you will be doing:
- Work with customers to resolve their manufacturing problems using company’s equipment.
- Proving out machine on the shop floor before delivering them to customers
- Provide operator training to customers, generally one week at time of installation.
- Provide support at machine tool shows, including creating and conducting demonstrations of the machine tools.
- Work to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
What they are looking for:
- Either a journeyman machinist or as Associates degree with prior machining experience
- 3+ years of CNC machining experience
- Machining program knowledge such as Esprit or MasterCAM or SurfCAM
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to program FANUC and Siemens controls on milling, turning and lathe machines. Multi-axis is a plus.
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time and be self-directed and independent.
- Knowledge of SPC to analyze key process variables.
- Ability to pass background check and possess valid driver’s license.
- Over-time pay, including double-time should travel on Sunday be necessary. Travel is normally a week at a time with a departure on Sunday and returning Friday afternoon.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with match
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Travel per diem