Software Tester Developer
- Posted: over a month ago
Software Tester Developer
Contributing to the development and continuous modernization of our core logistics operations management system, Marken Maestro.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be committed to continuous improvement, refactoring, TDD and pair programming to achieve technical excellence and understand how this supports long-term customer value.
- Understand how to work in agile teams, with incremental and iterative development as key to deal with uncertainty and maintain flow.
- Work directly with end-users, business analysts and quality assurance, playing an active role in planning and user story development.
- Collaborate with colleagues (including vendor teams) on improving skills and practices (in particular around TDD/BDD and testing in general).
- Develop user stories to meet user needs.
- Contribute to planning meetings, working with BA and QA as necessary to question, refine and size user stories to enable them for development.
- Understand the difference between Quality Control and Quality Assurance, and why the latter is so important to continuous improvement and technical excellence: you will be a quality assurance engineer.
- Contribute directly to development, pairing with developers to help write excellent code (not just excellent tests!), meeting acceptance criteria and critically, end user needs.
- Understand the value in automated testing (up-front if possible) to minimize repetitive and costly manual testing.
- Simultaneously, understand the value of and apply techniques for human testing (especially exploratory testing, ideally as early in the development cycle as possible).
- Help encourage and direct testing by actual end-users to ensure software meets their needs.
- Be the “test conscience” of your development team.
- Limited travel for regular team meet-ups
Qualifications and skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in Agile QA in more than one company.
- 5+ years’ experience in related industry – Logistics would be ideal but platform-heavy businesses such as Retail/Banking/Insurance are also relevant.
- Agile mindset & XP development practices: Refactoring, Pair programming, TDD, BDD, CI/CD, Evolutionary System Architecture.
- Strong use of git.
- Use of Specflow for BDD and test automation in general.
- An innovator, looking and promoting your ideas for ways to improve both technology and process.
- Work well in a self-managing team, using agreement to help everyone to perform well together.
- Flexible attitude and able to embrace rapid change.
- A team player with high standards, including collaboration with vendor teams.
- Good communicator able to work well with users and management in one’s business.
- Ability to remain calm and focused and prioritize competing demands.
- Blazor WebAssembly
- Especially testing interfaces built using Blazor.
- Experience in Stress and Load testing, in particular technique to effectively measure and then mimic production system load.
- Experience in continuously modernizing a system while maintaining true 24/7/365 system availability (Clinical Trials do not stop for weekends or even holiday seasons!)
- Experience in using Azure Microsoft Cloud offering.
- SQL Server (in particular 2016 and later)
- Experience of building or testing mobile apps Xamarin or MAUI
Marken is a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS and is a critical part of UPS Healthcare. Marken offers a state-of-the-art GMP-compliant depot network and logistic hubs for clinical drug product storage and distribution worldwide, and supports cell and gene therapy logistics services from clinical to commercial, while maintaining the leading position for Direct-to-Patient and Home Healthcare services, biological sample shipments and biological kit production.
Moving Our World Forward by Delivering What Matters.
TechnologyView all jobs at Marken
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?