Construction Field Operations Trainer
- Posted: over a month ago
At Mark Young Construction we pride ourselves on the predictable and reliable delivery of projects and jobs with a focus on timely completion, profitable operations, and safe work practices. The Field Operations Trainer develops, implements, and manages the training efforts that support the daily operations at Mark Young Construction.
The Field Operations Trainer will partner with the operations group on the design and development of effective instructional materials and content to create a consistent way of operating that supports the success of the employees, the projects, and the company. Content delivery will be in person and virtually, and the field operations trainer will spend a significant amount of time visiting jobsites to validate, coach, and assist with implementation/execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has comprehensive understanding of commercial construction industry
- Has firm understanding of LEAN construction techniques and pull planning process
- Can convey value of operational processes in classroom (virtual and in person) and coaching environments
- Partners with operations leaders and practitioners on training needs of the business.
- Delivers training through appropriate channels while incorporating instructional design principles and methodologies.
- Visits job sites to validate consistent application of operations techniques and principles, and works with individuals on how to properly execute on trained concepts.
- Provides support for leaders and individuals on operational execution and leadership concepts.
- Provides leadership and consultation on process improvement initiatives; share best practices, and create a virtual Learning Community.
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) for operational processes.
- Works to develop leadership development materials based on company leadership direction and feedback.
- Participates in talent assessment process to identify key needs of the organization, and develops content and training programs to address those key needs.
- Creates overall operational and leadership curriculum and structure.
- Partners with other teams to build and enhance new employee and newly promoted employee orientation
- Partners with other content owners (e.g., safety) on delivery and tracking of curriculum completion.
- Manages and maintains LMS (Cyber Train) in conjunction with HRIS owner.
- Develops reporting and metrics to measure and manage training initiative effectiveness.
- Up to 60% travel.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Project Management, Business, or other related disciplines; or equivalent experience
- 5 years in commercial construction industry
- 5 years as Superintendent and/or Project Manager
- 3+ years working with lean construction techniques
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and various construction management software platforms (e.g., ProCore, CMiC, Wrike, Site Folio, Bluebeam, MS Project)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function independently and as a team member.
- Strong project management skills.
Local candidates (Denver, Fort Collins) preferred
Salary is $90,000 - $110,000 (DOE) plus bonus
Powered by JazzHR
Mark Young Construction
EducationView all jobs at Mark Young Construction