Maintenance Service Technician
Mark-Taylor Yuma, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Mark-Taylor, we work every day to ensure that our employees, residents, and clients enjoy the best experience possible. We build to the highest of standards, provide cutting edge resident services and offer our employees exceptional benefits and growth.
We thrive on hard work, accountability, and the curiosity to learning new things. At Mark-Taylor, you'll be challenged to be better every day, while being encouraged, supported and valued. Your career growth is a constant priority and focus.
Mark-Taylor Companies was established in 1985 as a privately-held, Arizona-based organization focused specifically on the multi-family housing industry. We've grown to become one of the region's longest-standing and most-proclaimed asset managers, developers and owners of rental communities.
We're excited to meet you! Our Ideal Maintenance Service Technician:
A Mark-Taylor Maintenance Service Technician assists in the daily upkeep of the physical building, apartment units, property exterior and common area appearance in accordance with Mark-Taylor Residential standards. Service Technicians are required to be "on call" and have reliable transportation. You're also service-oriented, always going above and beyond for those you serve. You will represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
The Work You'll Do:
- Assist in the completion of make ready units to Mark-Taylor standards and maintains adequate supply of make-ready units for the Community.
- Trouble-shoot, diagnose and correct minor air conditioning and/or heating failures, appliance repairs, electrical problems, plumbing problems, minor carpentry and drywall repairs.
- Perform necessary repairs and preventative maintenance on vacant units as they become available.
- Perform daily pool care, assures pool is in proper chemical balance and area is free of safety concerns.
- Complete minor roof repairs, re-key locks, and cut keys.
- Inspect the property for safety hazards that may pose a liability and corrects the hazard to informs Service Supervisor of the hazard.
- Share on-call duty with Service Supervisor and service team members and is readily available to go the property if needed and in uniform/badge.
- Maintain an excellent customer service relationship with all residents and team members.
- Assist in monitoring inventory of parts and cleaning supplies.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to the community team.
- Adhere to Mark-Taylor Residential Safety Programs, policies and procedures.
The Skills You Bring:
- Reliable transportation and working cell phone
- The ability to work "on-call"
- General knowledge in the following areas; Plumbing, Electrical, Pool Maintenance, HVAC, Carpentry, Landscape Maintenance, Appliances, and OSHA-related standards
- Knowledge of building systems
- Service orientation
- Basic computer skills required for reporting.
Why You'll Love Working at Mark-Taylor (Perks & Benefits):
- Opportunities for career growth
- Paid time off and paid sick time
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Access to all Mark-Taylor Residential amenities
- Employee referral program
- Uniforms & training provided
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions, hazards, close quarters and narrow passageways. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee is required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee must exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operating a motor vehicle; operating machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature. The worker is also required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free work place so you must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test.
Real EstateView all jobs at Mark-Taylor