Assistant Community Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Mark-Taylor Companies were established in 1985 as a privately-held, Arizona-based organization focused specifically on the multi-family housing industry. More than 30 years later, we've grown to become one of the region's longest-standing and most-proclaimed asset managers, developers, and owners of rental communities. We're extremely proud of this foundation and believe we're just getting started…
We work every day to ensure that our employees, residents and clients enjoy the best living experience possible. We build to the highest of standards, provide cutting edge resident services, and offer our employees exceptional benefits and growth.
We believe that to be exceptional means to take an allegiance to hard work, but more importantly, it means to bring an immense amount of passion and curiosity to learning new things. At Mark Taylor, you'll be challenged to be better every day, but most importantly, you'll be encouraged, supported, and valued, with your career growth a constant priority and focus.
The Assistant Community Manager is to assist the Manager of Community Operations in effectively managing the community. The Assistant Community Manager is directly responsible for maintaining daily, weekly and monthly reports including accurate reporting and processing of rental payments and deposits received while assisting with the leasing, marketing and resident relations for the community.
Our Ideal Candidate:
What does a Mark-Taylor Assistant Community Manager look like? You're passionate about the multi-family industry and excited to learn about the business and our standards! You have awesome communication skills, with a knack for presenting in front of others. You are a people-person who loves maintaining and developing relationships. You are service-oriented, always going above and beyond for those you serve.
The Work You'll Do:
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria set forth by Mark-Taylor Residential.
- Demonstrates community and apartment and/or model by actively touring the community and amenities and apply product knowledge to future residents needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Shop competitive communities.
- Manage various community specific accounting activity, such as daily bank deposits, record collection activity, daily input of rent payments, weekly reports, monthly financials, ensuring apartments are ready for move-in etc.
- Ensure that all proper and legal documents are processed for non-payment of rent, non-compliance resident notices etc. and properly served to the resident(s).
- Assist in lease transactions by preparing leases, gathering applicant's history, credit approvals, proof reading all lease paperwork, processing move-ins/outs and cancellations, preparing resident lease renewal letters and lease renewal paperwork.
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Complete maintenance Service Requests and inform the service team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, policies etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assist in planning and participating in resident functions as directed by the Community Manager.
- Assist with additional leasing responsibilities as needed (see Leasing Consultant job description).
The Skills You'll Bring:
- 2+ years of experience working in Property Management , experience as as Assistant Manager is especially desirable
- Proficiency using Yardi, Resman, or other Property Management Software
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Significant experience with conflict-resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to pick up on new concepts quickly
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Why You'll Love Working at Mark-Taylor (Perks & Benefits):
- Opportunities for career growth
- Set schedule with same two days off each week
- Employee referral program
- Paid time off, paid sick time, and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401k with company match
- Employee appreciation events
- MT fitness and corporate wellness program
- Access to all Mark-Taylor Residential amenities (including our resort-style pools and fitness centers)
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk; hear; stand or walk. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb stairs. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or operating a motor vehicle.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace so you must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test.
Real EstateView all jobs at Mark-Taylor
Get fresh F&B Management jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.