Why join Maritz IT Services? Here from some of our employees: www.themuse.com/profiles/maritz
As an operational patching specialist, this role will have the accountability to ensure the overall patching cycles are functioning and in alignment with each of the stakeholders including, Security, infrastructure and business unit teams. In addition, this role will have shared responsibility in responding to new or ad-hoc requests for the team as well as day to day operational patching cycles.
The Ideal candidate must have execution focus, customer centric aptitude, and strong relation management acumen. This role provides opportunity to work across business lines and make a great impact towards supporting Maritz growth.
PATCH MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
- Provide process guidance and leadership to internal team responsible for the patching and vulnerability remediation of systems and applications.
- Partner with infrastructure and applications operations to ensure they are in sync with the patch management policies, standards, and procedures.
- Develop, execute, and maintain processes, procedures, monitor and maintain the governance of patch management activities.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to understand business requirements, manage design and implementation of technical solutions to meet the requirements. Develop and implement processes necessary to facilitate new implementations.
- Manage stakeholder expectations, communications, and coordinate deliverables between technology and business teams, inter-relationships and dependencies between multiple products, projects, and/or applications, including multiple and often conflicting priorities and information
- Develop and implement the necessary operational metrics to be able to track and monitor progress of the various workstreams and processes.
- Drive and support project/program direction, team management, and stewardship.
- Provide technology input and status for executive reviews.
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships across stakeholder group, and manage productivity of contract resources, as necessary.
- Work with the Global Patch Management team to interact and respond to other teams/requests such as Internal Audit, External Audit requests for Patch information, Risk Management, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in business, software engineering, computer science or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working and administering Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- 5-7 years of experience in managing very large, complex and strategic enterprise programs to successful outcomes.
- 2+ years of experience in a change management, production support or client services role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and operate effectively within a fast paced and dynamic technology and business environment, with aggressive timelines and milestones.
- Solid technical acumen, including desktop technology, Windows/Linux OS, SQL/Oracle databases, VMware, basic TCP/IP networking and basic SDLC understanding.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities effectively and maintain focus on the goal.
- Execution focused - results oriented team player with a can-do attitude.
- Demonstrated consulting, influencing, and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to build and grow relationships and collaborate at all levels in the organization
- Familiarity with patching process and vulnerability management terms
Maritz will only employ applicants who have authorization to work permanently in the U.S. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Those who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire. No calls or agencies please.
Maritz is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-636-827-1650 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.