Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch office; coordinating work within the office, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information; providing guidance and on-the-job training to Teller I(s); assisting the immediate supervisor with administrative tasks to support office operations. Equal Opportunity Employer
Responsibilities and Duties
Performs a variety of duties to support the paying and receiving function of the branch office of which the following are illustrative:
- Greets and serves customers in a friendly and courteous manner; assists customers with various transactions and account changes.
- Maintains an awareness of new business opportunities with customers; actively refers customers to appropriate customer service personnel.
- Accepts deposits of various account types.
- Cashes checks within approved authority and operating policy; cashes Savings Bonds.
- Makes withdrawals for customers after verification of identity and available balance in accordance with Bank policy.
- Sells Cashiers Checks; processes cash advances; accepts check orders.
- Processes stop payment orders.
- Places hold on foreign items or processes for collection.
- Accepts loan payments, safe deposit box rent, and other related payments.
- Processes night deposits and mail deposits.
- Opens and closes Holiday/Vacation Club, consumer checking, savings, and CDs; properly explains disclosures.
- Opens and closes safe deposit boxes.
- Assists with ATM balancing.
- Maintains an approved level of cash; turns in excess and mutilated cash.
- Prepares daily settlement and proof of cash transactions; balances cash drawer accurately and efficiently on a daily basis.
- Prepares daily work for imaging and scans for balancing.
- Performs branch balancing.
- Prepares reports relating to the function, e.g., currency transaction, BSA reports, etc.
- Assists with vault cash verifications and balancing of cash advance machines; acts as dual control for all Teller functions.
- Accepts applications for ATM/Debit Cards and Internet Banking; activates consumer Internet Banking accounts.
- Completes maintenance requests and dispute forms for ACH and Debit Card transactions.
- Maintains supplies and an awareness of Teller supply inventory control.
- Observes suspicious behavior and reports such activity to supervisor or other management personnel.
Qualifications and Skills
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent.
Skill(s): Moderate reading, writing, and grammar skills; proficient analytical and mathematics skills; proficient communicative and interpersonal relations skills; ability to operate various office machines; ability to lift approximately twenty (20) lbs. of coin; higher check cashing authority; moderate PC skills; technical supervisory skills and sufficient skills to provide assistance in training of entry level Tellers; visual and auditory skills.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years' experience as a Teller preferred. In addition to the preferred experience requirements, promotion from a Teller I to a Teller II is contingent upon the incumbent's ability to effectively perform multiple tasks, duties, and jobs throughout the office or division.
Marion Center Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time