Manufacturing Production Supervisor (7AM-4PM)
Marino\WARE South Plainfield, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Marino\Ware is a leading developer of steel framing products, providing superior building materials and engineering capabilities. We pride ourselves on providing the fastest delivery and the finest service in the industry, along with a team that is second to none!
Our employees enjoy a safe and stable work environment with advancement opportunities – we promote from within!! Respect, teamwork, quality and service define our culture!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Promotes Lean Manufacturing with emphasis on continuous improvement through the elimination of waste resulting in efficiency gains and cost reductions, while maintaining safety and quality standards.
• Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines / tooling as required. Responsible to meet shift production goals.
• Understands and Interprets Union Contract, company policies and enforces safety regulations.
• Interprets specifications, drawings, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of departments or crews.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Supervise production line operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
• Responsible for shift schedule to include workstation assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
• Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
• Schedule and conduct shift meetings. Conducts weekly safety meetings
• Communicates with other shift Supervisors, Manufacturing Manager and upper management when needed.
• Completes end of shift reports ensuring accurate accuracy of production reporting and material utilization.
• Maintains housekeeping at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
• Ensures employees are trained to do their work and that such training is documented.
• Ensures supervisors/leadman are promoting, supporting and adhering to company policies and departmental administrative responsibilities.
• Carries out disciplinary actions according to the company’s disciplinary policies.
• Identifies and communicate issues causing production delays to Management and/or Maintenance
• Must be aware of production bookings to ensure staff levels are optimized in advance of anticipated demand.
• Conducts quality control and safety audits
• Conducts weekly slit coil cycle counts
• Keeps up / maintains appropriate levels of packaging, PPE and operating supplies.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience in manufacturing
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a noisy environment
- Bilingual- English and Spanish a plus
Marino\WAREWhy Work Here?
Marino\WARE offers year round employment with career growth opportunities. We value all of our employees.
Marino\WARE is a leading developer of steel framing products, providing superior building materials and engineering capabilities. We pride ourselves on providing the fastest delivery and the finest service in the industry, along with a team that is second to none! 100% American owned and operated, Marino/WARE has successfully operated on uncompromising standards for over 70 years.
400 Metuchen Rd South PlainfieldSouth Plainfield, NJ
ManufacturingView all jobs at Marino\WARE